Bulgarian President Rumen Radev met with the President of the Council of the European Union, Charles Michel.
According to the Bulgarian News Agency (BTA) news, President Radev and Michel met via videoconference.
At the meeting, where the necessity of regulations in European immigration policy was discussed, it was stated that there is a need for more solidarity with the countries that form the external borders of the European Union and that are under direct migration pressures.
At the meeting, the negative security consequences in Europe resulting from the Ukrainian-Russian war were discussed, as well as the impact of conflicts on the economies of the member states of the European Union.
During the meeting, Radev said that North Macedonia, which is in accession negotiations with the European Union, is waging a campaign against the Bulgarians in the country.
He stated that the meeting was held in preparation for the extraordinary summit of EU leaders to be held in Brussels on February 9-10.
- Balkans | Hungary will not support nuclear energy sanctions against Russia
- Balkans | Dodik: Bosnia and Herzegovina has not imposed any sanctions on Russia
- What is Nartogan? When and how is it celebrated?
- Thousands of years of history in ruins! Gaziantep Castle is severely damaged in the earthquake
- Balkans | MSB: Eight people were caught trying to cross into Greece illegally
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovaczewski said he would discuss the bomb threats with the relevant ministers.
- Balkans | The budget of the Ministry of Education for the next year is 450 million euros
- Balkans | Spasovsky announced that 9 people were arrested in the operation at the Tabanovce border crossing.
- Balkans | Karadi: We have confidence that we are building democracy and a new Bulgarian history
- Balkans | Bulgarian Deputy Minister Georgieva attended the 10th Arab Aviation Summit in the United Arab Emirates