According to the statement of the Presidency of Bulgaria, Vice President Ileana Yotova visited the Department of Bulgarian Language and Literature at the University of Ankara, Faculty of Language, History and Geography, as part of his visit to Ankara. The Vice-President greeted the students studying in the department with the words “We love the Bulgarian language and literature”. Approximately 70 students preferred the Department of Bulgarian Language and Literature, which provides a four-year university education.
During the meeting, the Rector of Ankara University, Prof. Dr. doctor. Necdet Onufar, Director and faculty of the Faculty of Language, History and Geography. During the meeting, they discussed opportunities to deepen educational exchange between Bulgarian universities and the University of Ankara. The general opinion was that the students who graduated from the Department of Bulgarian Language and Literature are the best ambassadors of Bulgaria in Turkey.
He highlighted the growing interest in learning Bulgarian in Turkey, citing Bulgarian schools in Yotova, Edirne and Istanbul.
The vice-rector handed over books of Bulgarian poetry to the students, and also presented the book “The Tale of Bulgaria” by Roman Manov to the rector.
- Balkans | Athens prepares to base F-35s
- Balkans | Serbia removes visa exemption for 4 countries as part of the fight against illegal immigration
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovaczewski spoke about the salary crisis in the presidency
- Balkans | Celebration of the Croatian Armed Forces Day in Ankara
- Increase in fuel prices
- Balkans | EU leaders urge Kosovo and Serbia to implement the agreement
- Balkans | More than 2,000 cemeteries promised Muslim burials in Berlin
- Balkans | The three holy months will start on January 23rd
- Balkans | Croatia expects to see the results of Schengen and eurozone accession by the end of the year
- Balkans | Register on the Skopje – Istanbul route