The memory of the victims of the Khojaly genocide, committed by Armenians in Azerbaijan on February 26, 1992, was held at the conference held in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Embassy of Azerbaijan in Sarajevo held a conference on the 31st anniversary of the massacre of 613 people, including women and children.
Ambassador Vilayat Guliyev said in his speech here that the Khojaly massacre was one of the largest massacres in the twentieth century.
Azerbaijani MP Mushfiq Jafarov also stated that during the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, genocide was committed in Srebrenica in which more than 8 thousand people were killed and said: “We have a very similar fate to Bosnia and Herzegovina.” Use the phrase.
Munira Subasic, President of the Mothers of Srebrenica Association, lamented that even 31 years after the Khojaly massacre, criminals are still not being punished.
And political relations researcher Admir Lisica said: “It is important to remember. Terrible things happened in Khojaly. We, the Bosnians and the entire people of Bosnia and Herzegovina, know very well what this means. He said.
With the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the Armenians, who began to make territorial claims against Azerbaijan and attacked, began measures to occupy Khojaly, which was besieged in the last days of 1991, which has the only airport in the region and is of strategic importance.
After months of attacks, Armenian forces entered Khojaly on February 26, 1992 and killed 613 defenseless Azerbaijani citizens, including 106 women, 70 elderly people and 63 children.
487 people survived the massacre with serious injuries, and Armenian forces arrested 1,275 people, and 150 of them are still unaccounted for.
- Balkans | The offices of the Mufti in Macedonia announced the amount of aid collected in mosques for Turkey
- Balkans | Kovachevsky: We can and must be part of Europe
- Balkans | A new high of half a dinar on diesel
- What is known about Hospitalier Knights?
- Balkans | The former vice president of the European Parliament accused of bribery denies the allegations
- Balkans | Plenkovic: Milanovic is a complete Putin fan
- Balkans | Germany calls for dialogue between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | Hungary vetoes EU financial aid to Ukraine
- Balkans | National call for Sehic and Hadziahmetovic from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The expected year 2023 is coming! What is known about Lausanne’s lies?