A concert was held in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, for the victims of the Kahramanmaraş earthquake that occurred on February 6.
The concert with the Zagreb Philharmonic Orchestra and the Turkish pianist Hakan Ali Töker, the Croatian-Turkish Friendship Association (HTUP) and the Croatian Youth Music, was organized under the auspices of the Turkish Embassy in Zagreb, the Croatian Ministry of the Republic of Croatia. Culture, Media and Municipality of Zagreb sponsored by Turkish Airlines.
HTUP President Goran Pius Richemberg stated that the income from sold concert tickets will be used for earthquake victims in Turkey.
Ertan Yilmaz, Second Secretary of the Turkish Embassy in Zagreb, thanked for the ceremony and mentioned that the country and people of Croatia extended a helping hand to Turkey in the earthquakes that hit Kahramanmaraş.
Yilmaz noted that every note played in the concert will resonate with Croatia’s message of hope, resistance and selfless help.
It is reported that 1300 people attended the event.
- Balkans | Three people missing in the Bosnian war have been identified
- What is Bab Ali Raed? What are the causes and consequences?
- Balkans | Invitation to the Sakarya Metropolitan athlete from the Grand Prix Sarajevo tournament
- Balkans | More than 9 million Muslims prayed at the Kaaba in the first ten days of Ramadan
- Balkans | More than 6,000 migrants attempted to cross into Bosnia and Herzegovina illegally last year.
- Balkans | US sanctions on former Serb deputies in the case of war criminal Cecilj
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Corti gave breakfast to the Mufti of Ternava
- Balkans | The EU does not see elections in northern Kosovo as a political solution
- Balkans | Lagomdzija: Putin wants to start a new war in the Balkans
- Balkans | Mitsotakis: The Turkish-Greek border will be completely surrounded by a wall