At the joint press conference held in Vienna with Austrian Prime Minister Karl Nehammer, Prime Minister Albin Kurti was asked about the request for the creation of the Federation of Municipalities of Serbia.
Kurti said that this issue can be discussed in the negotiations to normalize relations with Serbia, but this is not in line with the Kosovo constitution.
Kurti said, “We are in a process where we are talking and discussing an agreement for the full normalization of relations and the issue of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities can be discussed there. However, the Kosovo Constitution, which grants many privileges to the Serb minority and which was drawn up by Martti Ahtisaari and Albert Rohan, does not allow unity. The first sentence of This plan that I am preparing states that Kosovo should be multi-ethnic and says that mono-ethnic federations or institutions are not in accordance with the spirit of this plan or our constitution.However, we offer greater guarantees and rights to all minorities.We are working in this direction without diminishing the constitutionality of our country “.
- Balkans | Bulgarian citizens who attacked the police at the Macedonian border crossing arrested N.
- Balkans | “Albania has become one of Turkey’s largest partners”
- Balkans | A mysterious visit from Iran to Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia
- Balkans | WHO welcomes China’s sharing of data on COVID-19
- Balkans | Tensions continue to rise between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | TMBH announced the acceptance of the formalization of the Turkish language in Vasilevo Municipality
- Balkans | Russia will send an invitation to Europe to condemn the burning of the Koran in Sweden
- Balkans | It was revealed by drone that a Greek coast guard boat pushed the migrants into Turkish territorial waters
- Balkans | Chief of the General Staff of Ukraine Zaluzhny: We have enough strength to defeat the enemy
- Balkans | The former vice president of the European Parliament accused of bribery denies the allegations