Kosovo’s prime minister, Albin Kurti, said that the Franco-German plan was the basis for an agreement with Serbia, but that it was not a final solution.
Speaking in parliament, Kurti said his plan provides a framework for a solution, but it is not the final agreement the country needs, which is legally binding and carries international obligations.
The Kosovo leader said that a final solution would not be possible without mutual recognition and that would require a long negotiation process.
Corti had announced Kosovo’s acceptance of the Franco-German offer earlier, and made it clear that a federation of Serbian municipalities was acceptable provided it was not a single ethnic group and only if it was created after mutual recognition with Serbia.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic also stated that Serbia could accept the proposed EU plan in principle, but stated that it would not recognize Kosovo.
The European Union’s foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, announced on Thursday that he would invite Kurti and Vucic to Brussels to discuss the Franco-German proposal. Borrell said, “The plan is on the table. I will invite the two leaders to Brussels in the next two weeks.”
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | Order of the Serbian Republic from Dodik to Putin
- Balkans | Support from students of the reinforcement course for earthquake survivors in Turkey
- Balkans | Deputy Speaker of the Serbian Parliament Zukorlic visited IHH
- Balkans | Reaction to the injury of two Serbian teenagers from Osmani and Korti
- Balkans | Donev discussed with Djukanovic the possibilities of increasing the volume of trade with Montenegro
- Balkans | Albanian Leader Bijaj: Croatia is a good example not only for Albania but also for the region
- Balkans | Serbia is going to “change the attitude” towards the representatives of the international community in Kosovo
- Balkans | The Chinese Light Festival in Serbia
- Balkans | Vucic: A peaceful Kosovo Serb political uprising broke out yesterday
- Balkans | Plenkovic: The strategic goals have been achieved