Today ends the deadline set by High Representative Christian Schmidt to form a government in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, one of the two entities within Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The parties that make up the ruling coalition at the national level reached a consensus on the new government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, while the government, one of the two vice-presidents of the entity, Lindo companionUnable to install due to veto.
FBiH Vice-Chairman of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) Igor StojanovicAnd while the party chairman was convinced to support the new government after the party chairman’s meeting, SDA vice-chairman Lindu’s opposition continues.
Rafik Lindo argues that the DAP that gets the most votes in the elections should participate in the government and demands a coalition formula that also includes the DAP.
Izetbegovic: “I am more stubborn because of my wife Sabya’s involvement”
In the process of forming a government in the entity of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, turbulent developments occurred, such as the sentencing of Prime Minister Fazil Novalić to four years in prison in the ventilator case on April 5, and the abolition of the Senate of the University of Sarajevo (UNSA) and the testimony. Nickname of Sibeja Izetbegović, wife of the President of the Social Democratic Party Albekir Izetbegović.
The leader of the Democratic Action Party, Izetbegović, said that Lindo’s endorsement of the government proposed by the union’s president, Ledija Pradara, was out of the question.
Izetbegović said he has a “more stubborn stance” on the new FBiH government, as his wife Sibeja has been stripped of her academic title and the former head of the OSA, Osman Mehmedajic, has been subjected to US sanctions.
If the government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina is not formed today, it is still not clear whether the High Representative of BiH will take a step towards removing obstacles to the process.
The current government in the entity of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina assumed power in 2015 after the 2014 elections and was reduced to the status of the interim government after the 2018 elections.
- Balkans | Student protest against the Union of Serbian Municipalities in Pristina
- Balkans | March against racism and discrimination in Athens
- Balkans | Kosovo Soldiers Award for Rescue Efforts in Turkey
- Balkans | Turkovich: “Western Balkans cannot live in peace without a strong Turkey”
- Balkans | Anadolu Efes vs Olympiacos in the THY European League
- Balkans | The Turkish Embassy in Skopje made a statement about the handover of the collected aid.
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Corti gave breakfast to the Mufti of Ternava
- Balkans | The streets of Pristina are littered with piles of rubbish
- Balkans | Joint Operation Frontex officially launched in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Corti: The Franco-German plan is not a final solution