Sadik Babur Ceren, Turkey’s ambassador to Sarajevo, said that decisions in Bosnia and Herzegovina should be taken by elected politicians, not the High Representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Speaking to the Sarajevo-based Hayat portal, Virgin assessed the election law changes that further complicate the already complex administrative structure in BiH, and the calls of some High Representative of the parties for BiH to interfere in the government formation process in the Republic of BiH. Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Virgin stated that they opposed the content and timing of the changes to the election law during the consultations in the Peace Implementation Council, of which Turkey is a member representing the countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). Part of the changes proposed by the High Representative have been withdrawn.
Emphasizing that President Erdoğan, during his visit to Sarajevo on September 6 last year, expressed to members of the press that the decision on a fundamental area such as the election law should be taken by the elected representatives of Bosnia and Herzegovina, not the Supreme Council. The representative said: “High Representative Schmidt. The decisions announced by the Council on Election Day on October 2 last year were taken without discussion in the governing body of the Peace Implementation Council. We only saw the text of the resolution after it was published. Likewise, on behalf of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, we have expressed our objection to These decisions have been made on many occasions.“The consequences of taking these decisions in this way are now clear,” he said.
Virgin stated that they held consultations with the ambassadors of the member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and opposed external interference, including the High Commissioner, in establishing the government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. We have expressed this view on many occasions during our meetings with High Representative Schmidt. He said that our Foreign Minister Cavusoglu conveyed this position to him during the visit of the High Representative to Ankara on March 15.
And stressing that efforts to form a government in the entity of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina continue and their desire to complete the process with the consensus of all parties, Virgin said that Europe’s agenda is full of war and achieving comprehensive and lasting results for the sake of stability in the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is a period in which there are many problems in the region and in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and he said that it must be taken.
- Balkans | Minister Soylu: Western Thrace is ours. We are Romelia and we understand that.
- Balkans | The ballot numbers of the parties and coalitions that will participate in the Bulgarian elections have been announced
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Kurti paid a condolence visit to the Turkish soldier in Kosovo
- Balkans | Two-day visit to North Macedonia from EU Representative Borrell
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Kurti accuses Serbia of meddling in local elections
- Balkans | Aid campaign from the Islamic Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Prime Minister Kovačevski hosted the President of Kosovar Osmani
- Balkans | Visit of the IBU delegation to the Köprü Association
- Balkans | Bomb threat at Pristina airport
- Balkans | Konyaspor’s goal is to coach Serbia