The EU member country BRDO KOD, Croatia and Slovenia, want to fight irregular migration together.
Slovenian Prime Minister Robert Golub and Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic met in the Slovenian region of Krania.
Golub and Plenkovic held a joint press conference after the meeting.
Slovenian Prime Minister Golub, in his statement here, noted that illegal immigrants entering his country, who are in transit, have increased and stated that Croatia’s accession to the Schengen Area and the Eurozone is among his country’s national interests.
Pointing out that the final destination of illegal immigrants is Italy, Golub said: “We, together with Italy, as three countries, are looking for a way to follow the irregular migration corridors from the borders of Bosnia and Herzegovina to Italy.” He said.
Noting that his country has 6,700 police officers and important technological equipment to protect countries in the Schengen area from irregular migration, Plenkovic stated that they will agree to “joint police cooperation” with Italy and Slovenia, so that they can combat irregular migration. .
Referring to their agreement with Slovenia to expand the European Union to include Bosnia and Herzegovina and other Western Balkan countries, Plenkovic said that his country and Slovenia have the same views when it comes to the Russian-Ukrainian war.
Golub and Plenkovic also talked about energy cooperation and economic relations between the two countries.
- Balkans | Lajçak: If no agreement is reached by 2024, we will go back
- Balkans | Parliamentary question about the lack of medicines by the opposition in Greece
- Balkans | An invitation from Switzerland to Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | Albanian Prime Minister Rama said that Turkey contributes to global security
- Balkans | The European Commission expects the Bulgarian economy to grow by 1.4% in 2023
- Balkans | Introducing the Kosovo E-Government Strategy
- Balkans | 11 years have passed since the death of Gligorov, your first boss. Macedonia
- Balkans | The new Pegasus line is Sabiha Gökçen-Plovdiv
- Balkans | Cardigal Mayor Dr. M. Azis officially opened social housing with 69 apartments
- Balkans | United States of America; Germany welcomed the meeting of the delegations of Turkey and Greece