Croatian Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic said that illegal immigration to EU countries this year is close to 2015-2016, when the migrant crisis began.
Bozinovic, who held a joint press conference with Bulgarian Interior Minister Ivan Demirdjieff in the capital, Zagreb, warned of the new wave of immigrants that has emerged recently.
The migrant crisis has not abated, Buzinovic said, “When it comes to illegal crossings, the number of crossings into EU countries in the first months of 2023 is much higher than last year. In fact, it is close to the numbers for 2015 and 2016, when it started.” Crisis He said.
Bozinovic stated that the war in Ukraine was also effective in increasing the number of immigrants and said, “The war has brought many people to the poverty line.” He rated it.
Bozinovic said that the earthquake with the epicenter of Kahramanmaraş that occurred in Turkey on February 6 affected Syria as well, and that this could lead to a new wave of migration, “All this puts us in a difficult situation. Europe must not close its doors. Europe must fight Illegal immigration “. He said.
- Balkans | Radev: Business plays an important role in tackling inflation, the informal economy, and speculation
- Balkans | Introducing the Kosovo E-Government Strategy
- Balkans | 16 people were killed, including the Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs, in a helicopter crash near Kyiv
- Balkans | Deputy Foreign Minister Bozay: Türkiye has relations with Albania everywhere
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic met with the Special Representative of the European Union for the Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs invites international observers to the elections
- Balkans | The headlines for the false bomb threats are based on Russia and Iran.
- Balkans | The areas of cooperation between Türkiye and Greece are expanding with a positive agenda
- Balkans | The European Union is working with Kosovo and Serbia to implement the Ohrid Agreement
- Balkans | The suspect in the Paris attack has been arrested again