Croatian Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic said that his country supports Romania’s accession to the Schengen area.
Croatian Interior Minister Davor Bozinović met with Romanian Interior Minister Lucian Bud, who is in Zagreb for official contacts.
Speaking at the joint press conference, Bozinovic stated that Croatia is included in the Schengen Area as of January 1.
Buzinovic said: “We are in favor of Romania’s accession to Schengen. This is important for both Romania and the European Union (EU). We will try to express this at every opportunity. He said.
Noting that there has been an increase in irregular migration crossings with the end of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bozinovic said, “We are struggling to comply with the necessary rules at the immigration point, where no one has a goal to stop.” He said.
On the other hand, Bud said they discussed strengthening cooperation between the two countries and the difficulties they face.
Bud explained that they exchanged views with his Croatian counterpart on regional, international and European issues, and said that the entire region is facing the crisis resulting from the Russian aggression against Ukraine. During the meeting, I emphasized the expectation that Romania wants to become a member of Schengen this year. The many sensitive domestic issues raised by different countries to justify the rejection of Romania’s Schengen candidacy cannot be considered as serious problems.” Use the phrase.
Bud thanked Croatia for its support in joining Schengen, adding that he would support his police units to deploy to the region during the summer months in connection with the growing number of Romanian tourists on Croatian beaches.
- Balkans | Drug use is rising in Europe, and the illegal market is growing
- 8 surprising facts about ancient Egyptian law
- Balkans | The streets of Pristina are littered with piles of rubbish
- Balkans | Protest against the imam of the FETÖ member in Albania: the worshipers left the mosque
- Balkans | The wreckage of a small plane lost in a forested area in Croatia was found
- Balkans | Rescue of 56 illegal immigrants expelled from Greece
- Balkans | Soldiers who insulted and threatened police have been arrested in Greece
- Balkans | Turkey welcomes the reconciliation between Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | Delivery of 13,500 unlicensed weapons to the security forces in Serbia
- Balkans | Al-Hilal Association announced the holding of elections in its branches