Danish Minister of Justice Peter Hommelgaard and members of the Legislative Committee of the Danish Parliament were greeted by the President of the Kosovo Council, Glauk Konjovka.
The statement made by the Kosovo Council stated that Konovka expressed gratitude for Denmark’s support to Kosovo and its desire to further embody cooperation between the two parliaments.
The statement stressed the importance of supporting Denmark in Kosovo’s journey to become part of the great European family, and the statement said: “The President of the Assembly, Konjovka, considered the signing of an international agreement between Kosovo and Denmark a very important step and gave general directions on supporting and implementing this agreement as soon as possible.” He said that There is a will.” Data included.
The statement also indicated that the delegation, consisting of the Danish Minister of Justice Hommelgaard and members of the Legislative Committee of the Danish Parliament, stated that they will support Kosovo in other areas such as justice and the Euro-Atlantic integration process, through the exchange of parliamentary experiences. .
Kosovo signed an agreement with Denmark in December 2021 to rent a cell of 300 people.
As a result of the agreement reached at Denmark’s request, it was reported that Kosovo will lease the detention center in the city of Ceylan to Denmark for 10 years and the Kosovo Ministry of Justice will receive €210 million under the agreement.
It was stated that the convicts to be transferred to Kosovo would not be at high risk, and that the majority would be “third country nationals” who were not Danish citizens and had committed crimes such as theft, smuggling, forgery and murder.
- Balkans | Commemoration of the victims of World War II in Croatia on the 78th anniversary of the end of the war
- Balkans | Trabzonspor signs a contract with the Croatian coach Bjelica
- Balkans | Visit of the Vice President of TIKA Ševik to Srebrenica
- Balkans | An Ottoman Kosovo President met with the ambassadors of Quint
- Balkans | Serbian President Vucic “Be prepared” to order the army and police
- Balkans | March against racism and discrimination in Athens
- Balkans | The European Union agrees to Croatia’s accession to the Schengen Area
- Balkans | Signing a cultural cooperation agreement between North Macedonia and Turkey
- Balkans | Albanian coalition begins talks to join the government
- Balkans | The strike in Greece cancels Turkish Airlines flights