Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic stated that 13,500 rifles, tens of thousands of bullets and nearly 2,000 explosives were delivered to the security forces within the scope of the voluntary delivery of unlicensed weapons, which was launched on 8 May.
Vucic made a statement in Dovaniste, near the city of Smederevo, where weapons were handed over to security forces after two recent armed attacks in the country that killed 17 people.
Aleksandar Vucic explained that 13,500 rifles, tens of thousands of bullets and nearly 2,000 explosives have been handed over to the security forces since May 8.
Expressing his pride in the work done, Vucic said: “I am very proud of this result that we promised our citizens. This is very important for the safety of our citizens.” He said.
The elections will be in September at the latest.
Vucic also made the following assessment regarding the request for the resignation of Interior Minister Bratislav Jasic during the demonstrations that took place after the armed attacks in the country:
“No one guards anyone’s chair. We can talk about anything you want, but you don’t want to talk. You think Gasic will be fired because you gathered 6,000 people. Gasic caught the murderers and since he became minister no situation has been resolved. He has done nothing bad to anyone.”
Vucic said they wanted to “do a favor” to those who called for his resignation and said “I will inform the public about the elections scheduled for September at the latest, at the rally we will hold on May 26th. The elections will be in September at the latest.” He said.
Two armed attacks in one week in Serbia
At Vladislav Ribnekar Primary School in the capital, Belgrade, 14-year-old KK opened fire on security guards and students on 3 May. 9 people were killed in the attack, including 8 children, a security guard, and 7 people, including 6 children and a teacher, were wounded.
He stated that the 14-year-old boy had been planning the attack for a month and had a list of the students he had attacked and a school plan.
Two days after this attack, 21-year-old UB shot indiscriminately from his car in the village of Dobona in Mladenvac with an automatic rifle, killing 8 people.
National mourning was declared after a shooting in Serbia killed 17 people.
Vucic, in a statement on May 7, called on those with unlicensed weapons to turn in their weapons as of May 8, “The voluntary surrender of illegal weapons will take one month. Go to the nearest police station and hand in your weapons. At the end of the specified time, the police will begin to Houses raided. I used this phrase.
- Balkans | Parliamentary question about the lack of medicines by the opposition in Greece
- Balkans | Putin said that the necessary response would be given if depleted uranium munitions were sent to Ukraine
- Balkans | Bulgaria’s gas negotiations with Turkey are progressing very quickly
- Balkans | Spasovsky announced that 9 people were arrested in the operation at the Tabanovce border crossing.
- Balkans | Spasovsky: 1.4 tons of drugs were destroyed
- Balkans | Pendarovski: I am for constitutional changes, I am not afraid of anything
- Balkans | Barrier statement of the Minister of the Interior of Kosovo Svichla
- Balkans | NATO sends shelter facilities to Turkey
- Balkans | Kosovo calls for measures with a focus on “Srebrenica” for the EU countries
- Balkans | The second round of voting for the presidential elections in Turkey has begun in the Balkan countries