Serbian Novak Djokovic reached the quarter-finals of the Australian Open, the first major tennis tournament this season.
Matches for the eighth day of the singles tournament in Melbourne have been completed.
In the fourth round of the men’s singles, Djokovic, the most successful player in the history of the tournament with 9 tournaments, defeated the 22nd seed Australian Alex de Minaur 3-0 with a score of 6-2, 6-1, 6-2 sets after 2 hours and 6 minutes of struggle .. He played with Russia’s Andrei Rublev in the quarter-finals.
World No. 35 Tommy Paul defeated 24-ranked Spanish Roberto Bautista Agut 3-1 (6-2, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5) to reach his most successful form in the Grand Slams. He will face American tennis player Ben Shelton from the same country in the quarter-finals.
The quarter-finals will start tomorrow. Stefanos Tsitsipas – Jiri Lechka and Karen Khachanov – Sebastian Korda in the men’s singles; The women’s singles competition will be Jessica Pegula-Victoria Azarenka and Elena Rybakina-Jelina Ostapenko.
- Balkans | Bosnian Croat leader Komsic: Türkiye is a country that has won the confidence of everyone in the region
- Balkans | Türkiye won 24 medals at the Balkan Athletics Championships.
- Balkans | Support rally in Pristina for women who were sexually harassed and raped in the Kosovo war
- Balkans | Lajac: The situation remains precarious in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | May 19 Commemoration of Ataturk, Youth and Sports Day in Croatia and Serbia
- Balkans | Chief of the General Staff Guler met his counterparts from the Balkan countries in Sofia
- Balkans | Osmani: Visa exemption is a win for the people of Kosovo
- Balkans | Poetry Night and Father’s Day event at Xanthi
- Balkans | In the first 24 hours of the ceasefire, the Israeli army bombed Gaza, where a rocket was fired
- Balkans | President Bendarowski meets with the President of the United Arab Emirates, Al Nahyan