Milorad Dodik, President of Republika Srpska (RS), one of the two entities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, stated that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s position on Bosnia and Herzegovina is also suitable for Serbs in the country.
Dodik said, while attending the swearing-in ceremony, that “Erdogan’s position on the need to reach an agreement in Bosnia and Herzegovina without the influence of external factors constitutes a framework for a possible agreement for us.” He said.
Dodik stated that he was in contact with Erdogan during his tenure as a Serb member of the Presidential Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and said: “Erdogan is a serious leader. His position on Bosnia and Herzegovina is also suitable for Serbs in the country.” He said.
Dodel explained that Erdogan’s strong support for the Dayton Peace Accord, which ended the war in the country, is very important for continued cooperation with Turkey.
President of the Presidency Council of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbian member Zelica Cvijanovic reminded that Turkey, as a large country, can intervene if necessary to ensure stability.
Cvijanovic said that Erdogan advised them not to wait for the support of external factors to reach an agreement, “At that moment, I realized that Erdogan is an interlocutor with whom I can continue my political conversation.” He said.
source: Balkan News
- Balkans | 517 speeding tickets were issued across the country
- Balkans | Halkbank has opened a new branch in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia
- Balkans | TİKA support for the development of beekeeping in North Macedonia
- Balkans | Why are President Thachi and the Oak leaders on trial?
- Balkans | Turkish Education Day on December 21 was enthusiastically celebrated in Radović
- Balkans | Macedonia ranks 85th in the Corruption Index
- Balkans | The former president of the Yemeni Youth Association, Murad, was elected to the working group on constitutional amendments
- Balkans | Sarajevo’s Ambassador, Virgin, visited the 12-year-old boy who is collecting aid for earthquake victims by selling tea
- Balkans | The Hungarian Foreign Minister supports the President of Republika Srpska Dodik
- Balkans | CATROGALOS: The minority in Western Thrace can define itself as it likes