Establishment of the Bulgarian-Belgian-Luxembourg Economic Forum. The NGO aims to support economic, trade and investment relations between Bulgaria, Belgium and Luxembourg. This became clear at a meeting between the Minister of Economy and Industry, Nikola Stoyanov, and representatives of the initiative group to create the Forum. The meeting was also attended by Deputy Minister Irina Otunova.
The minister noted that “the traditionally good economic relations between Bulgaria, the Kingdom of Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg constitute a serious basis for expanding and deepening cooperation between our two countries.” According to Stoyanov, it is particularly important for the development of the Bulgarian economy and the potential of the three countries to encourage the interest of Belgian and Luxembourg companies in new investments or the development of existing ones.
The joint business structure, which will also include the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, will help small and medium-sized companies from the three countries to position themselves and develop in their respective markets. The main focus of the activities will be on showcasing the opportunities offered by each country. Universities, development centers, international exhibitions, media, etc. Various forms of collaboration will be sought through. The objectives of the forum include service, business process outsourcing, information and communication technology (ICT) sector, research and startup attraction, pharmaceutical industry, etc. There is also another way to exchange experiences and ideas between companies in the fields.
Deputy Minister Irina Otunova noted that the Bulgarian trade attaches play an important role in establishing such initiatives and developing bilateral economic relations, and that they will also support the institutionalization process of the new organization.
Those present at the meeting pointed out that the Kingdom of Belgium is one of the main investors in Bulgaria and that Belgian companies have long-term interests and a development strategy. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg ranks seventh among the largest investors in Bulgaria.
The meeting, which was held yesterday (April 18), was attended by the former Ambassador of the Kingdom of Belgium to the Republic of Bulgaria Philip Beck, Honorary Consul of the Kingdom of Belgium to the Kingdom of Belgium Luc Saunier, Honorary Consul of the Kingdom of Belgium. Bulgaria to Flanders Willy van Impe, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Tsvetan Semyonov, and Bogidar Batinov, Bulgarian Economic Adviser to the Trade and Economic Affairs Bureau of Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Balkans | Sejjeli, Director General of the Balkan Region of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, met with the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kosovo.
- Balkans | TMBH aid truck is on its way to Hatay
- Balkans | Swedish Foreign Minister: Both sides must implement the agreements
- Balkans | Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Dönmez met with Minister of Economy Bekteshi
- Balkans | About 100,000 euros were collected for the earthquake victims in the mosques of Prizren
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: The construction of highways has begun and is not going to stop
- Balkans | National boxers Aline Muhammad and Irjunal Sabri were named Karjali Athlete of the Year.
- Balkans | Education has been suspended in several schools in Sarajevo after a bomb threat
- Balkans | Beginning of the removal of roadblocks in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Invitation to the Sakarya Metropolitan athlete from the Grand Prix Sarajevo tournament