In Greece, a non-commissioned officer serving in the 2nd Parachute Division in Aspropyrgos, who took his commanding officer hostage due to his sentence, was arrested after police intervention.
According to the news reported by the Greek media, the non-commissioned officer, enraged by the punishment inflicted on him, entered the command building and threw a stun grenade.
It was recorded in the news that the officer fired indiscriminately and took his commander hostage for a while.
He stated that the non-commissioned officer was detained in the incident, which ended with police intervention, and no one was hurt.
It was reported that the Chief of the General Staff of Greece, Constantinos Floros, also went to the department to obtain information.
- Balkans | The play “A Beautiful Day in the Park” is being staged in Prizren
- Balkans | Global food prices fell in December
- Balkans | Serbian tennis player Djokovic appeared at the main table of the Australian Open
- Balkans | Croatia coach Dalic: Reaching back-to-back World Cup finals would be the greatest achievement ever
- Balkans | The European Union is disturbed by the Public Servants Law in Kosovo
- Balkans | The wreckage of a small plane lost in a forested area in Croatia was found
- Balkans | NATO Force in Kosovo is closely monitoring developments in the north of the country
- Balkans | Worldwide, 61 million people will be internally displaced in 2022
- Balkans | Gross domestic product grew 2.1 percent in the first quarter
- Balkans | Albania moved to tighten sanctions against Russia