The United States Special Representative for the Western Balkans, Gabriel Escobar, stated that the European plan for Kosovo was good and “doesn’t suit either side” and that if Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti refuses to implement this plan, he will “lose”.
The US envoy noted that punitive measures against Kosovo did not include the exit of KFOR peacekeepers from Kosovo for ignoring the demands of Western allies, and said there were “positive indications” that Belgrade could accept EU demands to exit Kosovo. crisis, but Kosovar Prime Minister Kurti said the same thing, and emphasized that he could not know.
Despite this, Escobar said that the departure of KFOR’s forces from Kosovo “wasn’t on the table.” Escobar said, “Our partnership with Kosovo is a partnership with the people of Kosovo, not with a political party or figure.”
- Balkans | Kosovan Turkish politician Aref Boch, may God have mercy on him
- Balkans | Ilhan Kuchuk: Bulgaria’s failures stem from the examples of Borisov and Petkov
- Balkans | “Turkey is one of the largest investors in the country”
- Balkans | Collecting aid for earthquake victims in Turkey in Tetovo
- Balkans | Showing support for former President Thaci of Kosovo
- Balkans | The 28th anniversary of the Srebrenica genocide will be marked with special content on TRT
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: The proposal of the Union of Albanian Municipalities is meaningless and unacceptable
- Balkans | NATO’s military budget has increased by 25 percent, to nearly two billion euros
- Balkans | Serbian list to boycott the elections
- Balkans | An invitation to donate a container from the Ansar Association