On May 9, Europe Day in Bulgaria pitted the pro-Russian and anti-Russian against each other.
Europe Day celebrations began with laying a wreath at the Monument to the Unknown Soldier in the center of the capital, Sofia.
The ceremony, which was attended by Bulgarian President Rumen Radev and Vice-President Ileana Utova, continued with the hoisting of the European Union flag.
Events have also been held across Bulgaria, which has been a member of the European Union since 2007.
In his message on the occasion of Europe Day, Radev said, “78 years after World War II, armed conflicts are still going on in Europe, while peoples are waiting for peace.” Use the phrase.
– Anti-Russians verbally attack pro-Russians
On the other hand, an event was held in Bulgaria with the participation of supporters of pro-Russian political parties.
During the ceremony, which was attended by the Russian Ambassador to Sofia, Eleonora Mitrofanova, the participants carried the Bulgarian flag, the flags of Russia and the former Soviet Union, and posters of former Soviet leader Joseph Stalin.
Russian Ambassador Mitrofanova, who was in the crowd walking with a police escort to the 36-meter-high monument built during the communist regime, was booed by representatives of Bulgarian nationalist organizations gathered in front of the monument as she attempted to give a speech. .
Anti-Russians chanted “mafia”, “red dumps” and “traitors” to the supporters of the BSP and Ambassador Mitrofanova.
Thanks to the actions of the Bulgarian law enforcement, there was no conflict between the fans.
On the other hand, Russia celebrates the victory of the former Soviet Union over Nazi Germany in World War II with Victory Day on May 9.
- Balkans | 12 illegal immigrants on their way to Greece were arrested in Istanbul
- Balkans | Gostivar municipality helped earthquake victims in Turkey
- Balkans | What will change with Croatia’s entry into Schengen?
- 10 Youngest Nobel Prize Winners
- Balkans | Penalty reduction for former directors of the Kosovo War Veterans Association from the Court of Appeal in The Hague
- Balkans | A special video interview from YTB on the 34th anniversary of forced migration in Bulgaria
- Balkans | EU plan data from the Kosovo opposition
- Balkans | “Albania has become one of Turkey’s largest partners”
- All about her diary and life story
- Balkans | SpaceX has halted the launch due to a technical failure in the rocket to be sent into space