EU members did not impose a direct requirement for Covid-19 testing, but it was announced that testing by passengers would be “strongly encouraged”.
European Union (European Union) countries and Schengen countries outside the European Union, in China COVID-19 Approval of the implementation of coordinated measures due to the increase in the number of cases.
EU countries, relevant EU institutions and officials responsible for crisis management in the Schengen member states have come together in Brussels to discuss what to do against the surge of cases in China.
At the end of the meeting, according to the statement issued by the Council of the European Union, of which Sweden holds the presidency, it was decided to advise all travelers to and from China to wear medical masks.
In the decisions made at the meeting, it was not a direct obligation for passengers to take a Kovid-19 test.
However, it was reported that EU countries would be “strongly encouraged” to require a negative test 48 hours before the flight from all passengers from China.
The members of the European Union also agreed to analyze sewage from aircraft coming from China and to examine the genome sequence to monitor the epidemiological situation by taking random samples from passengers.
The EU countries will reassess the situation in mid-January.
After China eased its COVID-19 measures at the beginning of last month, many countries, who were concerned about the increase in cases and mass spread in the country, announced that they would take measures for travelers from China.
In addition to European Union countries such as Italy, Spain and France, many countries such as the United States of America, India, Japan, Malaysia, England, Australia and Canada have announced measures to test and monitor their health status for travelers from China and their regions.
The EU Commission also wanted the same measures to be implemented in a coordinated manner across the Union, and the majority of EU countries agreed with this view.
- Balkans | President Erdogan: We will never forget Srebrenica so that we do not witness similar atrocities
- Balkans | After a short period of tension in northern Kosovo, the situation was brought under control
- Balkans | Russia and Ukraine protest the war in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Burial funerals for 4 people killed in the Bosnian war
- Balkans | Russia: If Serbia imposes sanctions on Russia, the pressure of the United States on this country will increase
- Balkans | EU Commissioner Varheli says Bosnia and Herzegovina deserves EU membership
- Balkans | President Bendarowski met with Austrian Defense Minister Tanner
- Balkans | Ta Nea: Greece is trying to buy Spike missile systems from Israel
- Balkans | Milanovic: “The European Union is a trade union”
- Balkans | Albanians stage a demonstration in Mitrovica, northern Kosovo