The activities were held in Croatia, a country in the Western Balkans, within the framework of the “July 15th Day of Democracy and National Unity”.
Within the scope of events organized by the Turkish Embassy in Zagreb, the coup attempt by the Fethullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and the struggle of the Turkish people to protect their homeland were told during Friday prayers in mosques and mosques in Croatia under the theme “Heroes of the Century in Turkey”.
Prayers were also offered for those who were martyred in the coup attempt, and the Qur’an was recited.
After Friday prayers, seedlings were planted in the garden of the Sisak Recep Tayyip Erdogan Islamic Cultural Center, which was built by the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TIKA) and opened by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last year, in memory of the martyrs. July 15th.
Turkish citizens residing in Croatia, the Croatian Islamic Union, Bosnian associations, representatives of Croatian official institutions and embassy staff attended the commemoration ceremony held at the Zagreb Embassy.
The program began with the singing of the national anthem and a moment of silence, and the reading of the Holy Quran by Ahmed Hamdi Ochoglu, Counselor for Religious Affairs at the Embassy of Zagreb.
Turkey’s ambassador to Zagreb, Yavuz Selim Kiran, spoke in his speech here about what happened on the eve of the treacherous coup attempt and the heroic struggle of the Turkish people who took to the streets to protect their state and democracy at the invitation of the Turkish people. President Erdogan.
Kiran provided information about Turkey’s battle against the FETÖ, and indicated that this battle will continue at home and abroad.
Reminding that the FETÖ terrorist organization also poses a threat to other countries, Kiran said that international cooperation is important in combating terrorism.
As part of the program, the participants also visited the exhibition featuring photographs by Anadolu Agency photographers describing the events of July 15.
After the memorial ceremony, saplings were planted in the Mazuranica garden in memory of the July 15 martyrs.
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: Corridor 8 is a new economic and development engine for the country
- Balkans | Macedonia holds the presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- England scored a goal against North Macedonia
- Balkans | Greece plans to buy 4 littoral combat ships from the USA
- Balkans | Croatia explains why 24 Russians were declared persona non grata last year
- Balkans | 16 terrorists were arrested while trying to flee to Greece
- Balkans | The Kremlin: The sooner Ukraine accepts our demands, the sooner the conflict will end
- Balkans | The European Union is preparing a sanctions package against Kosovo
- Balkans | Beserović: Bosnia and Herzegovina is at risk of instability because of Republika Srpska
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: Edi Rama is a sure friend of our country