The High Representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Christian Schmidt, announced that the “controversial January 9 Republika Srpska Day” will not be celebrated in 2024 as it was this year.
In assessing the unconstitutional celebrations that have caused controversy and diplomatic crises throughout BiH and the region, Schmitt said: “States and entities can celebrate special occasions, but it will not be done like this. Public servants and civil servants have no business in these celebrations,” he said. .
In an interview with Oslobodjenje newspaper, Schmidt said he believes that the BiH Prosecutor’s Office will also review this year’s celebration.
Source: Balkan News
- Balkans | They transport natural gas from the field to the house in sacks
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: Edi Rama is a sure friend of our country
- Balkans | Kosovo’s exit from Dodik
- Balkans | The Brinjak and Jarinje border crossings in northern Kosovo are open to traffic
- 13 Important Scientists Who Changed the History of Astronomy
- Balkans | Albanian Kula, a graduate of Turkey, said he has an academic career thanks to Turkish scholarships.
- Balkans | President Pendarovski: We are working to resolve the conflict in Ukraine
- Balkans | The Bulgarian authorities have accepted the request to extradite Goktas, one of the perpetrators of the Hablimtoglu assassination, to Turkey.
- Balkans | Heavy rains cause floods in Mecca
- Balkans | Extending the detention of the suspect who infected Serbian citizens for 30 days