It was decided to extend the mandate of NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg for another year for the fourth time.
In a statement issued by NATO, it was reported that the allied countries agreed to extend Stoltenberg’s mandate, which ends on September 30.
He stated that the decision will be approved by the heads of state and government at the NATO summit to be held in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, on July 11-12. With this decision, Stoltenberg will continue as Secretary General of NATO until October 1, 2024.
“I am honored by the NATO allies’ decision to extend my mandate,” Stoltenberg said in a statement. Use the phrase.
His term has been extended 3 times before
Jens Stoltenberg has been in the position since October 1, 2014. Former Norwegian Prime Minister Stoltenberg’s term has been extended three times before.
In recent weeks, many names have been mentioned for the post of Secretary General of NATO, but the possibility of extending Stoltenberg’s term has come to the fore. He stated that most NATO countries were willing to extend, and Stoltenberg wanted to remain in office at a time when tensions with Russia were very high.
It was announced that Stoltenberg would become head of his country’s central bank in February 2022, just before Russia’s attack on Ukraine began. Shortly after the start of the war, Stoltenberg’s mandate was extended.
Norway’s central bank manages the Norwegian Wealth Fund, which is the largest fund in the world. The size of the fund exceeds 1.4 trillion dollars.
- Balkans | Erdogan’s Election Victory in the Greek Press: What Does It Mean for Us?
- Balkans | The Merdar border gate has reopened to traffic
- Balkans | The prime ministers of the Netherlands and Luxembourg travel to Kosovo
- Balkans | Congratulations to Milatovic from Vucic
- Balkans | Steps from Türkiye and Greece to ease tension in the Aegean Sea
- Balkans | Serbian Radomir Koković coached Goztepe
- Balkans | Skopje students prayed for those who died in the earthquake in Turkey.
- Balkans | And sparked graffiti targeting Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina violent reactions
- How is May 1st Labor Day?
- How did the legend of storks bring you?