Turkey’s Confederation of Municipalities (TBB) and Gaziantep Municipality Mayor Fatma Şahin thanked Greek Confederation of Municipalities (KEDE) President Dimitris Papastergiou for helping the earthquake victims in Turkey.
In the message published by KEDE on its website, Şahin emphasized that Greek search and rescue teams were among the first to help rescue those who were under the rubble in the earthquake disaster that occurred in Turkey on February 6.
Expressing their satisfaction with the messages of solidarity they received from their colleagues in Greece, Shaheen said, “We were pleased to hear that KEDE organized a solidarity campaign among its members with the support of the Greek people.” made remarks.
Confirming that all the aid sent from Greece had reached the port of Iskenderun, Shaheen conveyed his condolences for the train accident that occurred in Greece on the night of February 28, in which 57 people were killed.
In its announcement, KEDE noted that more than 1,500 tons of aid collected by the Greek people from all municipalities across the country have been delivered to the earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria.
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Turks who were forced to emigrate cannot forget their experiences in the Belen camp.
- Balkans | Saccar, Kosovo’s Interior Minister Svechla, received Turkey’s ambassador to Pristina
- Balkans | Former Croatian President Mesic: “When it comes to Kosovo, it’s Serbia”
- Balkans | Issue 101 of Cardiline magazine is out
- Balkans | Statement from Vucic prior to the crucial meeting
- Balkans | Zelensky: We have to fight for the supply of modern tanks
- The killer who hid the woman he killed in the freezer for 9 months: Bernie Ted
- Balkans | Gas deliveries from Türkiye to Bulgaria have begun
- Balkans | President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Şentop visited Tefeyyüz Primary School, which provides education in Turkish, in Skopje.
- Balkans | Turkish Deputy Minister of Culture Çam met with the Macedonian academic Ismaili