If the yellow and dark blue team wins the last game of the quarter-final round with the score tied at 2-2, they will advance to the Final Four for the sixth time in the history of the Europa League.
The Fenerbahçe Beko basketball team will be the guest of the Greek representative Olympiacos in the fifth and final match of the European League quarter-final series.
The match, which will be held in the Hall of Peace and Friendship, will start at 21.30.
In a match where the tie was 2-2 and the winner of the match was advancing to the Final Four, the two teams won one win in the first two matches hosted by Olympiacos in Greece.
While Olympiacos won the first match 79-68, Fenerbahçe Beko won the second match 82-78.
In both matches of the series played at Ulker Sports and Events Hall, both teams won one.
While the visiting Greek delegates prevailed 72-71 in the first game in Istanbul, the yellow and dark blue team, who made good use of their home advantage in the fourth game of the series, beat their opponent 73-69 and brought the situation to 2-2.
If Fenerbahçe wins the last match of the series, they will buy a ticket for the THY Europa League Final Four tournament, which will take place in Kaunas, Lithuania, from May 19-21, and will fight for the championship with their rivals at the Zalgiris Arena. .
There is also a 15-15 tie in overall wins.
Fenerbahçe and Olympiacos will meet for the 31st time in the European League.
Fenerbahçe won 15 of the 30 fights between the two teams, and Olympiacos won 15 of them.
Successes with Obradovic
Fenerbahçe achieved a breakthrough in the European Premier League while Serbian coach Zeljko Obradovic played with the Final Four 5 times.
Being among the bottom 4 teams in the organization in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, the yellow and navy blue team finished 4th in 2015 and 2019, and 2nd in 2016 and 2018.
Fenerbahçe won its first and only championship by defeating Spanish Real Madrid and then Olympiacos in the Final Four that was held in Istanbul in 2017.
In the last two seasons in the Europa League, the yellow and dark blue team has not been able to get its name in the Final Four. The 2019-2020 season ended in the organization without announcing its championship due to the new type of Corona virus epidemic.
Being the first Turkish team to become European League champions, Fenerbahçe also earned the title of the only Turkish basketball team to have participated in the Final Four five times in a row.
- Balkans | From July 1, cheap daily electricity tariffs will be reinstated.
- Balkans | The European Union and NATO are satisfied with the de-escalation in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Bulgarian Vice President Yotova evaluated citizenship renewal applications
- Balkans | n. Macedonians mostly shop online from Great Britain
- Balkans | Support visit from the Rumelia delegation to the Justice and Development Party
- Balkans | Kosovo Soldiers Award for Rescue Efforts in Turkey
- Balkans | Kosovo’s Ottoman President discussed the latest developments in the country with European leaders
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu: We provide the necessary support for the arrival of aid coming to Syria as well.
- Balkans | Bomb threat to 14 schools in Skopje
- Balkans | Greek state television broadcast with a Turkish song