Mustafa Şentop, President of the Turkish Grand National Assembly (TBMM), met with the President of the Council of North Macedonia, Talat Kavri, as part of his contacts in North Macedonia.
Sentop and his delegation were greeted by Caffrey at the parliament building in the capital, Skopje.
entop and Caferi, who shook hands with members of the press, then went to the interdelegation meeting in a closed manner.
According to the information obtained, Parliament Speaker Şentop stressed the importance of mutual efforts to strengthen relations between Turkey and North Macedonia, and expressed his satisfaction at the level reached by joint efforts of relations between parliaments.
“We must develop these good relations bilaterally as well as on multilateral platforms,” Owentob said. He said.
Owentob stated that recent problems, both regional and global, made it necessary to work together and said: “Maintaining peace and stability in the Balkans is also very important for Europe’s security.” He said.
Noting the importance that North Macedonia will assume the presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) next year, as well as the presidency of the cooperation process among the countries of Southeast Europe, Parliament Speaker Sintop conveyed his wishes for success. the task they will undertake.
Parliament Speaker Şentop also drew attention to the structures of the terrorist organization FETO in North Macedonia.
Şentop conveyed Turkey’s expectations of concrete steps regarding the liquidation of FETO-affiliated structures and the deportation of individuals associated with the organization from Macedonia.
Parliament Speaker Şentop said that the FETÖ is a serious problem not only for the national security of Turkey but also for the national security of North Macedonia.
On the other hand, according to a written statement from the North Macedonia Council, Kavri referred to the strong traditional friendship and partnership between North Macedonia and Turkey, and stated that the bilateral cooperation between the two countries is dynamic at all levels, especially at the level of the Republic of North Macedonia. Parliamentary level.
Congratulating Turkey, which assumed the presidency on the 30th anniversary of the Parliamentary Assembly for Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC), Kavri also touched on the economic cooperation between the two countries and emphasized the special contributions of the Macedonian-Turkish Chamber of Commerce (MATTO). ) in this direction.
In addition to the successful cooperation with Turkey within the scope of NATO, Caffrey drew attention to the great importance they attach to military training, donations to the equipment needs of the North Macedonian army, and their joint participation in peace operations.
According to the statement of the Parliament of North Macedonia, the two parties also touched on reviewing and updating the bilateral “free trade agreement” between the two countries, as the negotiations reached their final stage.
- Balkans | Kosovar Defense Minister Mahaj in Bangladesh
- Balkans | The crescent and double star flag of Skopje students attracted great interest￼
- Balkans | The “Fetah Effendi International Symposium” has started in Istanbul
- Balkans | The Bulgarian search and rescue team explained that they are working in cooperation with the Turks in the earthquake zone
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic evaluated the Franco-German supported plan to solve the Kosovo issue
- Balkans | Two FETO suspects arrested while fleeing to Greece
- Balkans | International Energy Agency: The world is entering a new industrial era in clean energy technologies
- Balkans | Doctors continue to leave Kosovo
- Balkan Time | Establishment of a joint economic cooperation committee between the two countries
- Balkans | Election of a new Vice-President to replace the Greek MP Kyli, who was arrested on charges of corruption in the European Parliament