FIFA imposed a fine on the Serbian Football Association because of the flag that “shows Kosovo as part of Serbia” in the dressing room of Serbia, which faced Brazil in the 2022 World Cup, which was held in Qatar.
In the Serbian locker room, FIFA launched an investigation over a flag that “showed Kosovo as part of Serbia”.
FIFA as a decision to the Serbian Football Association; He was fined $21,300 for the incident that occurred in the locker room in the Brazil match.
Croatia also imposed sanctions
On the other hand, the Croatian Football Association was fined $53,000 for insulting the Canadian goalkeeper Burian by the Croatian fans.
The International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA) launched a disciplinary investigation against the Serbian Football Association because of the flag that “showed Kosovo as part of Serbia” in the dressing room of Serbia, which faced Brazil in the 2022 World Cup, which was held in Qatar.
response in the area
In the dressing room of the Serbian national team, which faced rivals Brazil in the FIFA World Cup, the “Serbian flag” with the inscription “No Surrender” and “The flag of Serbia painted on the map of Kosovo” met with a reaction in the region.
The Football Association of Kosovo announced that it had lodged a complaint regarding the case and that FIFA had launched a “disciplinary investigation” against the Serbian Football Association over the incident.
Hajirullah Seko, Kosovo’s Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports, described the action as “using the World Cup to spread messages of hate, xenophobia and genocide”. evaluated as.
Serbia considers Kosovo, which unilaterally declared its independence in 2008, to be its territory.
- Balkans | Serbia removes visa exemption for 4 countries as part of the fight against illegal immigration
- Balkans | A group of games “Crescent moon and star” for children in the Balkan countries
- Balkans | Ballots from Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia and Montenegro were sent to Turkey by diplomatic couriers
- Balkans | 81% of the population of Serbia is Orthodox
- Balkans | Polish President Duda paid an official visit to Albania
- Balkans | Celebration of the “Day of the Rose” in Bulgaria
- Balkans | 330 cases of femicide have been committed in Serbia since 2010
- Balkans | FIFA fined Serbia for a controversial flag
- Balkans | Bakteisi: We will not allow the energy crisis to be a burden on citizens
- Balkans | Kosovo lifts sanctions against Russia and Belarus