In the city of Novi Pazar, Serbia, flooding occurred in homes and businesses due to heavy rains.
Because of the heavy rains that started last night, when the Trnafica River overflowed, it was difficult to deliver aid to some settlements.
While many of the people whose homes and workplaces were flooded are cleaning up their own facilities, police, firefighters and search and rescue units are making efforts to bring assistance to inaccessible areas.
In particular, efforts are being made to rescue the sick, elderly and children from the flood area.
More than 2,500 homes on the banks of the Trnavika River have been submerged by the floods, Ismail Dobeljak, head of the emergency department in Novi Pazar, said.
Teams have been working to evacuate flood waters since the night hours, Dobeljak said, “The road to the town of Klika is flooded and the bridge collapsed. We have been cut off from 30 houses since last night. We are in contact with the Serbian army, and we asked them to build a pontoon bridge for the people who live in this area.” “. He said.
Suleiman Aliković, who lives in Klika, stated that he left the place where he was living to go to the hospital and could not return due to the floods, and that there are many elderly and sick people in the inaccessible area.
In anticipation of the continuation of the rains, the authorities began to take additional measures to counter the negatives that may occur in the region.
- Balkans | Pendarovski: I am for constitutional changes, I am not afraid of anything
- Balkans | The Kosovo government continues to work on the purchase of Bayraktar SİHAs
- Balkans | The ballot numbers of the parties and coalitions that will participate in the Bulgarian elections have been announced
- Balkans | Tensions continue to rise between Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | Foreign Minister Cavusoglu: The balance between the United States, Turkey and Greece has begun to deteriorate
- Balkans | He met the defense ministers of Kosovo and Turkey
- Balkans | The Greek Cypriot administration will donate to the Hellenic Army
- Balkans | Health workers in Greece who have not been vaccinated against Kovid-19 are returning to work
- Balkans | Proud success of Turkish coach Yunus Oshal in Greece
- Balkans | After 50 years, the Osteoporosis Center opens at Skopje 8 Eylul Hospital with the support of TIKA