While a forest fire that broke out a week ago on the island of Rhodes continues to spread uncontrollably, a forest fire has reportedly broken out on the Greek island of Corfu.
The statement issued by the Hellenic Fire Service stated that 12 settlements were evacuated due to the fire, which started in the evening.
It was mentioned in the news that the tourists residing in the areas affected by the fire were transferred to the village of Kassiopi.
“It is a difficult situation, the fire has reached the first houses in the Migolas district,” North Corfu Mayor Yiorgos Mahimaris told the Greek state security agency. He said.
On the other hand, it was reported that some settlements were evacuated for precautionary purposes due to the forest fire that broke out near the town of Aegyo in the north of the Peloponnese yesterday evening.
The authorities published the information that 82 forest fires broke out in Greece yesterday.
- Balkans | 4 people were caught trying to flee to Greece
- Balkans | Two other victims of the Bosnian war were buried with ceremonies
- Balkans | USA: We are concerned about Wagner’s presence in Serbia
- Balkans | Kosovo’s Minister of Health, Vitia, met with Turkish Ambassador Angeli
- Balkans | According to Ukraine, the war has damaged the country’s infrastructure by more than $700 billion
- Balkans | Albanian President Bijaj met with his Austrian counterpart Van der Bellen
- Balkans | Kosovar Prime Minister Albin Kurti met with Vice President of the European Parliament Rainer Wieland
- Balkans | Bulgaria’s bankruptcy warning leaked to the media
- Balkans | Schools in northern Kosovo are closed
- Balkans | A committee has been set up to determine the damage caused by the floods in M’mosha.