The former President of the Constitutional Court of North Macedonia (AYM), Salih Murat, has evaluated the activities of the “working group” established under the Ministry of Justice for the constitutional changes that need to be made for the continuation of the EU membership process in the country.
The former President of the Constitutional Court, Salih Murad, made the following statements via his social media account:
“As we remember, we were offered to be a member of the Committee of Constitutional Experts in the “Working Group on Constitutional Amendments,” the creation and establishment of which was proposed at the initiative of the Ministry of Justice of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia, and I accepted this task and proposal to contribute to our country and our citizens.
During this time, I tried to contribute to the work of the Working Group.
In my first document, I presented a text containing the principles of the working group and my position on the working group in written form to the members of the commission.
In the second document, scientifically and historically, the place, importance and linkage of the preamble in our constitution, the position of the preamble in the constitutions in comparison, my attitude towards the additions of the new founding peoples, the legal and political approaches towards the introduction and the position of North Macedonia in the old constitutions and the new additions. I laid down the side effects of the peoples to be brought to Macedonia and the Turks in plain language and shared them with all the members and presented them to each of them in written form.
In the third document that I submitted, I submitted a total of 9 proposals for constitutional amendment in line with the standards required in the Constitution and in Constitutional Science. I would especially like to emphasize that of the 9 constitutional amendment proposals that I have submitted, 8 are directly related to the Macedonian Turks.
Not only through my written presentation, I tried to defend and explain the three documents I mentioned above in a period of 45 minutes during the meeting in the government on Friday.
– “One of the three proposals submitted to the working group concerns me from the Constitutional Court”
A total of three proposals were submitted to the Working Group. The first proposal by Prof. Dr. doctor. Litton Şahsivari and prof. doctor. Submitted by Besa Arifi. A total of 3 parameters were introduced by them. The second offer is the offers made by me. The third proposal is the proposal submitted by the Ministry of Justice. In other words, our work on the committee includes only 3 criteria so far.
First, the defense and explanation of their proposals were presented by the first bidders. She then submitted defenses and explanations for all three written documents that she submitted. Finally, 3 criteria for the proposal submitted by the Ministry of Justice were opened for discussion and negotiations.
Due to the lack of time in the first period of the working group, it was not possible to write down dozens of pages of rational decisions for the nine parameters I provided, due to the lack of time. In the reasoned decision that I will present in each criterion I have presented, I have emphasized why and on what basis I will defend my theses with evidence and present them with practical examples. In my verbal defense, we briefly stated the reasons for each standard and did not justify why we wanted to change.
Discussions in the committee and theses presented are included in the minutes. History will testify to this.
In this context, we will continue to serve on the Commission as necessary to ensure that our country has a fair, rule of law, transparent and equal constitution and to protect all the rights of our citizens.
I offer my people my respect and love.”
- Balkans | 29 people were arrested, 6 of whom were members of the FETÖ terrorist organization, who were prosecuted for being sent from Greece to Turkey by force.
- Balkans | 16 terrorists were arrested while trying to flee to Greece
- Balkans | Turkish experts say Central Asia is also at the heart of ’emerging Asia’
- Balkans | “Republic Serbian Day” is celebrated in Bosnia and Herzegovina despite it being unconstitutional
- Restoration Disasters in Türkiye: 10 Failed Examples
- Balkans | Israeli forces have killed 20 Palestinians in the past three weeks
- Balkans | Ilhan Kucuk hosted a group of visitors from Bulgaria at the European Parliament
- Balkans | President Erdoğan met with Speaker of the Bulgarian National Assembly Rashidov
- Balkans | Blinken urged Türkiye to “retake the leadership role” in the grain deal
- Balkans | NATO: The Wagner crisis is an internal matter for Russia