The decision regarding the extradition of Faruk Fatih Ozer, founder of the cryptocurrency exchange Thodex, to Turkey has been transferred to the Albanian Supreme Court.
The statement issued by the Supreme Court of Albania said that the case in question was officially entered into the court records on March 13, after Ozer appealed the decision to extradite him to Turkey.
The statement stated that the court’s decision will be announced in the coming days after examining the relevant appeal.
After the process in the Supreme Court, the decision to extradite is made by the Minister of Justice.
Oser was captured in Albania in August.
Ozer was arrested in Albania on August 30, 2022, and was wanted on a red notice.
Oz’s lawyers on September 14 appealed the decision of the Elbasan First Instance Court regarding the continued detention of Ozer on September 2, 2022.
The Durach Court of Appeal also upheld the decision regarding Osiris’ detention on September 20.
Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu announced that Ozer will be extradited to Turkey after court proceedings in Albania.
Ozer appealed the decision on December 7.
On November 17, 2022, the Elbasan First Instance Court announced the acceptance of the Elbasan Public Prosecutor’s Office’s request to “allow Ozer to be extradited to Turkey.”
Ozer appealed this decision on December 7.
The hearing on this decision took place on December 16, 20, 27 and 30, 2022. In the December 30 session, the Durach Court of Appeal upheld the decision regarding the extradition of Ozer to Turkey.
- Balkans | Croatia, which has been condemned by the European Court of Human Rights for its treatment of migrants, is keeping silent
- Balkans | Another aid truck from Albania is on its way to the quake zones
- Balkans | An invitation from Switzerland to Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | MATUSITEB Chairman Ibrahim was a guest on MTV’s Current Show
- Balkans | Croatia responds to the European Union’s refusal to send troops to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Did the Trojan War really happen?
- Balkans | Corti: They can’t blackmail us
- Balkans | Congratulations from US President Biden to the President of Kosovo Osmani
- Balkans | Funeral prayers in absentia at Al-Aqsa Mosque for those who lost their lives in earthquakes
- Balkans | The Turkish language is not included in the celebration of the New Year in Prizren