In France, the funeral prayer was held for the 20-year-old university student Akin Genç, who was shot in the head while returning home from school, in a suburb of Paris.
The funeral of Genk, who lost his life in the accident on December 15 in Aulnay-sous-Bois, a suburb of Paris, the capital of France, and whose autopsy has been completed, Jarges-les-Jones of the Turkish Religious Affairs-Islamic Union (DITIB) Selimiye Mosque Association and Lale Education brought to Cultural Center.
His family, school friends and many relatives attended Trabzonlu Genk funeral prayers. The Turkish flag and the flag of Trabzonspor, the team it supports, were draped around Genk’s coffin.
After the evening prayer, the Qur’an was recited to the youth in the same mosque.
Genç’s body will be delivered to Istanbul tomorrow, and then to Trabzon on Wednesday, with family members and his two older brothers to be buried in a ceremony.
A memorial ceremony will also be held for the teenager on January 6 at his school in France.
Young, who studied at the National School of Architecture (ENSA) in Paris, was shot in the head in Aulnay-sous-Bois, the city where he lived with his family, on December 15, while returning from school.
- Balkans | China and Albania sign a visa-free travel agreement
- Balkans | Turkey’s exports to Bulgaria set a record in the industrial sector
- Balkans | Borrell calls for a solution for Serbia and Kosovo
- Balkans | Silvio, the new coach of Albania
- Balkans | Albanian-Turkish Chamber of Commerce and Industry meeting in Tirana
- Balkans | International Balkan University increases its academic success
- Balkans | Bulgarian President Radev had a telephone conversation with Von der Leyen, President of the European Commission
- Balkans | Spasovsky: This government will not fall with a new parliamentary majority
- Balkans | Bomb threat on the Central Bank and nine secondary schools
- 9 Most Important Gods and Goddesses in Japanese Mythology