German Foreign Minister Analina Berbock said that the place for North Macedonia is the European Union.
Prior to his official visit to North Macedonia, Berbock said, “North Macedonia’s place is in the European Union, just like our other partners in the Western Balkans. Since the EU accession negotiations officially started, there is no longer any doubt because we are serious about this.” He said.
Noting that the high hopes and expectations of the people of Macedonia regarding the accession process is an opportunity and a danger at the same time for him, Berbock said, “It is dangerous because despite all the progress and sometimes painful concessions made in the past 17 years, if we fail In the European Union in their expectations, we may lose the Macedonians to Europe. The opportunity is because everyone involved in the process of enlarging the European Union is aware of what is at stake. A future in the European family, a region of stable prosperity and peace, and the right to self-determination. Use phrases.
Stating that he understands very well that discussions in North Macedonia are conducted with passion and passion, especially when it comes to issues of identity, history, language and culture, Berbuk said, “This is no different in our country, and of course it applies to fundamental issues such as constitutional amendment. However, experience shows That in such cases, it would be beneficial to set aside political calculations, move towards a clear goal, and fight for it with determination.The broad support for the constitutional amendment in the Parliament of North Macedonia will send a signal to the entire region, not only within the country, but much further: We absolutely want EU membership and will do whatever is necessary on our part to make that happen.” He rated it.
- Balkans | The launch of the activities of the 12th Sarajevo Trade Forum
- Balkans | Bomb threat at Skopje airport
- Balkans | The barricades in northern Kosovo have not yet been withdrawn
- Thousands of years of history in ruins! Gaziantep Castle is severely damaged in the earthquake
- Balkans | Voting begins in Greece on the elections in Türkiye
- Balkans | Macedonia is celebrating 30 years since it joined the United Nations
- Balkans | Turkish member elected to the Kosovo Judicial Council for the first time
- Balkans | The President of the Federation of BiH appointed Pradar Nexic as the Prime Minister of the Federation
- Balkans | New security measures were introduced in northern Kosovo, where tensions were running high
- Balkans | MSB: Aid of clothing has been provided to 38 families affected by floods in Kosovo