The German government demanded the immediate removal of the barricades erected by Kosovo Serbs in northern Kosovo.
In a statement in Berlin, Christopher Berger, a spokesman for the German Foreign Ministry, said: KosovoHe stated that they are very concerned about the tension in northern Turkey.
Kosovo Serbs illegal barriers It must be removed immediately.” In recent weeks, Berger said SerbiaHe also stated that the nationalist discourse coming from Turkey is unacceptable.
Describing the increased military presence near the borders of Serbia and Kosovo as a “false signal,” Berger said, “Therefore, we expect a constructive approach from Serbia. We have clearly conveyed this to the Serbian side through various channels.” He said.
Berger indicated that they support the talks held by Miroslav Lajcak, the EU’s Belgrade-Pristina Dialogue Special Representative.
Tensions between Kosovo and Serbia
Tensions between Kosovo and Serbia escalate after the arrest of former Serbian police officer Dejan Pantec.
In response to Bantik’s detention, Kosovo Serbs have been manning the barricades they have set up at the Yarenje and Brinjak border crossings since 10 December.
The European Union, NATO and the United States of America called for de-escalation and the removal of roadblocks in northern Kosovo. Serbia has asked the NATO peacekeeping force in Kosovo (KFOR) to deploy Serbian army and police in northern Kosovo.
Serbia considers Kosovo, which unilaterally declared its independence in 2008, to be its territory.
Serbia and Kosovo, which clash periodically, are trying to find a common way to normalize relations, and eventually the two countries get to know each other, within the framework of the dialogue process between Belgrade and Pristina, which began in 2011 under the mediation of the European Union.
- Balkans | The book “Turkish Recipes for Croatian Chefs” was presented in Croatia
- Balkans | New Year’s message from FEP President Asafoğlu
- Balkans | President Bendarovski received the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina Turkovic
- Balkans | Rescue of illegal immigrants to die by Greece
- Balkans | Agreement to repair water and infrastructure in Yanova
- Balkans | A bomb threat was reported in 15 schools across the country.
- Balkans | Allegation of “mobilization” by a Croatian MP
- Balkans | Serbian leader Vucic asks Russia to halt efforts to recruit troops from his country
- Balkans | Stoltenberg: We talked about the importance of completing the NATO membership process with the Swedish Prime Minister
- Balkans | The hearing on the extradition of Thodex founder Ozer to Turkey has been postponed to December 30