Gjakova Airport, which was used by NATO’s peacekeeping force in Kosovo for a long time in the post-war period, KFOR, for defensive purposes and will serve the Kosovo Army. The airport will also be invested by the United States of America.
Kosovo’s Defense Minister Armind Mihaj stated that Gjakova Airport would function for defensive purposes and that the airport would serve the Kosovo Army.
Mahaj said that the United States will be the partner to invest in the airport.
A joint press conference was held with the Minister of Environment, Spatial Planning and Infrastructure of Kosovo Liburn Aliu Minister Mahaj gave information about two projects that will be developed in the Gjakova region and said, “Gjakova Airport is working for defense purposes. The Babaj region will also be turned into an area of operations for the Kosovo Security Forces (FSK) , where modern tactical ranges will be built according to NATO standards, and conditions will be created for the development of exercises at full capacity.
Mahaj said that the two projects are being invested in millions of euros, and that the Kosovo Army will have all conditions to exercise at full capacity.
- Balkans | Detention of a mayoral candidate from the Greek minority in Albania
- Balkans | 66 journalists will be killed worldwide in 2022
- Balkans | Israel also restricted the passage of Palestinians in the West Bank into Jerusalem on the last Friday of Ramadan.
- Balkans | Search and rescue teams from Bosnia and Herzegovina receive training in cooperation with TIKA
- Balkans | Voters in Greece go to the polls in the general election
- Balkans | China has reported a decrease in the number of patients and deaths in the COVID-19 outbreak
- Bulgaria asks the European Union to equalize agricultural subsidies
- Balkans | Gechev was received by the Minister of the Interior, Soylu, the Bulgarian Prosecutor
- Balkans | The Australian Open tennis tournament has begun, as Serbian tennis player Djokovic returns after a year’s sabbatical
- Balkans | Major earthquakes that shook the world