Greece continues to send humanitarian relief materials to Turkey after the earthquakes that hit Kahramanmaraş, which are described as the “catastrophe of the century”.
With the instructions of Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and the initiative of the Ministry of Climate Crisis and Civil Protection, the process of sending aid consisting of emergency supplies and health supplies to Turkey in order to alleviate the injuries of the earthquake victims continued today.
Items such as tents, stretchers, sanitary ware and blankets were loaded onto an Aegean Airlines plane at Elefthérios Venizelos Airport in Athens to be sent to Turkey.
In a statement issued by the Ministry of Climate Crisis and Civil Protection, it was reported that 80 tons of various humanitarian aid materials, including 1,500 beds and 500 tents for earthquake victims, will be delivered to Turkey in 5 flights on board the planes of Aegean Airlines.
Two planes carrying the first part of aid, including tents for blankets, beds, shelter and mobile practices, landed at Adana airport in the morning. The materials were accompanied by Greek Minister of Climate Crisis and Civil Protection Christos Stylianides and Secretary General of Civil Protection Vassilios Papaiorgiou.
Greece sent two separate search and rescue teams to Turkey, one on February 6 and the other yesterday.
- Balkans | Germany extends the mandate of its soldiers in missions in Lebanon and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Macedonia and Serbia sign a memorandum of cooperation in the field of European integration
- Balkans | Greece to inspect buildings for earthquake risk
- Balkans | Food aid for 280 families from Al-Ansar Association
- Balkans | Arrest of the Executive Director of the Energy Authority of Kosovo Krasniqi
- Balkans | Blinken says Kosovo and Serbian leaders ‘face difficult compromises’
- Balkans | The Minister received Akar Angeli, who was appointed Ambassador of Turkey to Kosovo.
- Balkans | “Why is the admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen not among the priorities of the Swedish presidency?” ￼
- Balkans | European Judo Championships for the Deaf, which will be held in Bulgaria
- Why did Turkey not participate in the 1950 World Cup?