Greek media wrote about the delays faced by the Athenian administration in the purchase process from Israel.
Greece has taken action to delay large-scale arms purchases from Israel.
The news was announced by the Greek service CNN.
Greek Defense Ministry officials are concerned that the purchase of Spike NLOS missiles, a system particularly needed for the Navy’s fast attack boats and the Ground Forces’ AH-64 attack helicopters, will be delayed “indefinitely.”
Delay in the missile procurement process
However, it was noted that the Athens administration believes that the missile procurement process could start again in April.
It is said that this will be possible when the “misunderstandings” between the two countries are resolved and the questions that Greece poses to Israel are answered.
“It may be too late.”
in the news, If the decision is left to the next government after the elections scheduled for the summer of 2023 in Greece, it may be too late. Tel Aviv may sell ready-to-delivery missiles to other willing customers.” It has been said.
The Greek government is not satisfied with the picture.
It has also been reported in the news that the Greek government is not happy with this delay.
In recent years, Greece has signed several arms deals, including drones from Israel, Rafale jets from France, and upgrades to its F-16 fleet from the United States.
Athens also wants to buy at least 20 F-35 fighter jets from the United States.
- Balkans | Rescue of 33 irregular migrants paid by Greece
- Balkans | Turkovich: “Western Balkans cannot live in peace without a strong Turkey”
- Balkans | Parliament Speaker Şentop approved the Advisory Council of Western Thrace
- Balkans | President of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Şentop: As Turkey, our basic perspective is a human perspective.
- Balkans | More than 50 percent of young Bosnians want to leave the country
- Research scares Greece: ‘Turks are very helpful’
- Balkans | Serbs protest in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Consul General in Thessaloniki visited the head of the province, Meteos
- Balkans | Urgent allegations from Skopje Metropolitan Mayor Arsovska regarding government and opposition
- Balkans | Argentina became the first finalists in the World Cup, beating Croatia 3-0