Greek Foreign Minister Yiorgos Irapetritis stated that his country is ready to evaluate the recent positive climate with Turkey and to enter into dialogue to resolve disputes.
After visiting the Greek Cypriot Administration (GCA) after taking up the post of Minister of Foreign Affairs, Yerapetritis met with the Foreign Minister of the Greek Cypriot Administration, Konstantinos Koumbos.
In his statement on his Twitter account, Irapetritis stated that during the meeting, the Cyprus problem, bilateral relations, regional cooperation, European Union issues and international developments were discussed.
Speaking at the joint press conference held after the meeting, Yerapetrits noted that seeking a sustainable solution to the Cyprus problem is one of the main priorities of Greek foreign policy.
Erapetritis emphasized that Greece is ready to take advantage of the recent positive atmosphere in relations with Turkey and form the conditions for dialogue on the basis of international maritime law in order to resolve disputes over the continental shelf and exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
On the other hand, Combos stated that resolving the Cyprus problem is a fundamental problem for the Greek Cypriot administration, adding that they attach great importance to the European Union’s contribution to ending the stalemate in the search for a solution and starting negotiations again.
- Balkans | Winter has returned to the Balkans
- Increase in fuel prices
- Balkans | Uncertainty over local elections in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Serbian Parliament Speaker Orlik: “Kurti wants conflict in Kosovo”
- Balkans | The European Union is disturbed by the Public Servants Law in Kosovo
- Balkans | The goal of the Turkish women’s national handball team against Serbia is to win.
- Balkans | Minister Akar: Greece should not miscalculate
- Balkans | The candidacy of two public prosecutors to represent Bulgaria in the EU Prosecutor’s Office has been approved, one of them has been rejected
- Balkans | Bulgaria returned 9,940 coins to Turkey
- Balkans | The graduation ceremony was held at the university affiliated to the Turkish Knowledge Foundation in Albania.