It was announced that Greece will impose a test requirement on passengers arriving from that country due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in China.
In the news at the Hellenic Radio and Television Corporation (ERT), it was stated that passengers from China will be required to use a mask with high protection, in addition to a negative test result 48 hours in advance.
In the news, it was noted that a reassessment will be made on the matter on January 19th.
The European Union and non-EU Schengen countries agreed to implement coordinated measures due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in China, at their meeting yesterday.
In the decisions made at the meeting, it was mentioned that passengers are not directly required to take a COVID-19 test, but it was stated that EU countries would “strongly encourage” the requirement for a negative test from all passengers from China 48 hours before a flight.
After China eased its COVID-19 measures at the beginning of last month, many countries concerned about the increase in cases and mass spread in the country announced that they would take measures for travelers from China.
In addition to European Union countries such as Italy, Spain and France, many countries such as the United States of America, India, Japan, Malaysia, England, Australia and Canada have announced measures to test and monitor their health status for travelers from China and their regions.
The EU Commission wanted the same measures to be implemented in a coordinated manner throughout the Union, and the majority of EU countries agreed with this view.
Source: TRT News
- Balkans | Disaster and emergency management support for five Turkish nationals has been lost at the Sava River in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Bulgaria: Negotiations are continuing with Turkey to obtain one billion cubic meters of LNG capacity
- Balkans | It was claimed that Germany did not meet Greece’s expectations for the armored vehicle
- Balkans | Serbian customs confiscate 94,000 euros that the driver hid in his belt￼
- Balkans | The European Union is preparing to limit cash payments to 10,000 euros
- Fuel prices have been updated.
- Balkans | Croatia in the quarter-finals
- Balkans | Vucic sends the Chief of the General Staff to the border
- Balkans | Serbia threatens Kosovo with aggression
- Balkans | Early local elections in 4 municipalities in northern Kosovo have been postponed to April 2023