The 2023 budget, submitted for a vote in the Greek parliament, was approved by the votes of the ruling party, New Democracy.
While the overall budget has been approved by only 156 deputies from the ruling New Democracy party in Greece’s 300-seat parliament, the defense budget has been approved with 190 yes to 109 no. The defense budget was supported by the New Democracy Party, the Movement for Change (KINAL) and the Greek Solution Party.
The Ministry of Defense budget, which was 3.35 billion euros in 2020, 5.44 billion euros in 2021, and 6.39 billion euros in 2022, decreased to 5.65 billion euros in 2023.
Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis announced during the 2023 budget negotiations in the General Assembly of Parliament that food expenditures for families below a certain income level will receive government support for six months.
Workers, civil servants and students gathered in front of the parliament building at noon at the invitation of the Combat Workers’ Front (PAME), a trade union organization of the Communist Party of Greece (KKE), and protested the cost of living in the country.
In the action held during the 2023 budget negotiations in the Parliamentary General Assembly, a salary increase was requested.
Turkey’s defense and security budget for 2023 is 468.7 billion TL. (23.7 billion euros) identified as. This budget includes the budgets of the Ministry of Interior and the defense and security units of the Presidency of the Republic.
- Balkans | Izet Mesiti announced that he would establish his party on 13 August.
- Balkans | Topçu, Senior Adviser to the President, attended the opening ceremony in BiH
- Balkans | National Defense Minister Akar met with his Croatian counterpart, Panuzic
- Balkans | Goloturk won the 2022 Prize for Literature in Prizren
- Balkans | The Turkish community in Bulgaria rushed to help their brothers in Turkey
- Balkans | The tradition of women’s revenge in Skopje will continue this year.
- Balkans | The task of forming the government in Bosnia and Herzegovina was entrusted to the Croatian politician Borgana Cristo
- Balkans | Gas warning for the coming winter to the European Union
- Balkans | Mehmetçik played games with children at the April 23 celebrations in Kosovo
- Balkans | The Secretary General of the Ministry of Religious Affairs of Greece, Calanches, denounced the attack on the mosque in Western Thrace.