Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov criticized Greece’s participation in the list of countries imposing sanctions on Russia.
Lavrov shared via the Twitter account of the Russian Embassy in Athens, “We were friends with the Greeks. We noticed the change in the country’s leaders. They agreed or were forced to submit to the American prescription. We draw our conclusions about those who gladly accept aggression against Russia.” Use his statements.
Arguing that Greece and the Greek Cypriot Administration (GCA) are among the countries that have been friendly towards Russia in recent years, Lavrov also drew attention to the fact that there are many joint cultural and educational activities.
Economic cooperation was actively developing in favor of common interests. The speed with which the signatories moved to the “front” and the group of leaders engaged in anti-Russian actions was strange. It reflects the imposed line of aggressive opposition, not the interests of the Greeks.
After the outbreak of the Russian-Ukrainian war, Greece, as a country of the European Union, participated in the sanctions decisions applied to Russia. Suspension of residence permit applications for Russian investors for investment purposes, refusal of new applications, and suspension of cultural events were among the sanctions imposed by Greece on Russia.
Greece declared 12 Russian diplomats persona non grata in April 2022. In a written statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry in June 2022, it was reported that 8 diplomats working at the Greek Embassy in Moscow were declared “persona non grata”.
- Balkans | Samir Siponjic, a graduate of Turkey, became a minister in his native Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | Sanitation workers strike in Croatia
- Balkans | Greece is in the process of preparing a law that will exclude terrorist organizations from Parliament
- Balkans | Greek tennis player Tsitsipas, the first player in the men’s singles final at the Australian Open
- Balkans | TMBH announced the acceptance of the formalization of the Turkish language in Vasilevo Municipality
- Balkans | The book “Turkish-Islamic Genocide in the Balkans” was published
- Balkans | The Greek government goes to a vote of confidence because of the wiretapping scandal
- Balkans | The trial of former Kosovo President Thaci in The Hague on March 1
- Balkans | Serbia appeals to Kosovo to arrest a former policeman of Serb origin
- Balkans | The leader of the Serbs of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cvijanović, received the Turkish ambassador to Sarajevo