Ioannis Theodoratos, reporter and defense expert for the Greek Bluesky channel, claimed that Turkey constantly threatens Greece.
Expressing Greece’s neglect of its air force, navy and army for decades, Theodoratos said, “We are far from the real operational dimensions needed to deal with this (Turkey) threat.” He said.
“The longer you wait to purchase a weapon system, the higher the final cost of replacing or upgrading it. Unfortunately, there were realities such as the exchange rates at the time and the economic power of our country at the time,” said Theodoratos. We have completely neglected ourselves.”
Theodoratus said that Greece was too late to buy arms. “Unfortunately, we cannot get 100 combat aircraft or 12 frigates. We are still doing partial purchases, which is wrong. More money should be allocated to this region.” He said.
The Greek spokesman emphasized that Turkey is rapidly advancing towards becoming a “regional superpower”:
We ignore Turkey’s goal of becoming a regional superpower. They want not only to be powerful, but also to become a regional superpower. This is why they are developing ballistic missiles. This is why satellite systems exist. For this reason, it has significant investments in research and development of weapon systems. Because they want to control a wide geographical area.”
Theodoratus also admitted that no matter what Greece did, it could never be equal to Turkey.
Newspaper millet. love
- 10 inventions and innovations in the ancient Greek civilization
- Balkans | The High Representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina evaluated the celebrations on January 9 of Republika Srpska
- Balkans | Greece relies on direct flights to increase the number of Chinese tourists
- Balkans | 49 million euros for waste management from the European Union and Germany to Kosovo
- Balkans | The new Pegasus line is Sabiha Gökçen-Plovdiv
- Balkans | Serbia is going to “change the attitude” towards the representatives of the international community in Kosovo
- Balkans | The third company that makes the largest number of trips to Greece is from Bursa
- Balkans | About 6,200 firearms were seized in Skopje
- Balkans | 70,000 Jews from 95 countries will immigrate to Israel in 2022
- Balkans | Kovachevsky: We are managing the energy crisis in the best way in the region