Ioannis Theodoratos, reporter and defense expert for the Greek Bluesky channel, claimed that Turkey constantly threatens Greece.
Expressing Greece’s neglect of its air force, navy and army for decades, Theodoratos said, “We are far from the real operational dimensions needed to deal with this (Turkey) threat.” He said.
“The longer you wait to purchase a weapon system, the higher the final cost of replacing or upgrading it. Unfortunately, there were realities such as the exchange rates at the time and the economic power of our country at the time,” said Theodoratos. We have completely neglected ourselves.”
Theodoratus said that Greece was too late to buy arms. “Unfortunately, we cannot get 100 combat aircraft or 12 frigates. We are still doing partial purchases, which is wrong. More money should be allocated to this region.” He said.
The Greek spokesman emphasized that Turkey is rapidly advancing towards becoming a “regional superpower”:
We ignore Turkey’s goal of becoming a regional superpower. They want not only to be powerful, but also to become a regional superpower. This is why they are developing ballistic missiles. This is why satellite systems exist. For this reason, it has significant investments in research and development of weapon systems. Because they want to control a wide geographical area.”
Theodoratus also admitted that no matter what Greece did, it could never be equal to Turkey.
Newspaper millet. love
- Balkans | The road has opened to traffic after the removal of the largest roadblock in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Albanian Prime Minister Rama is on an official visit to North Macedonia
- Balkans | Anadolu Efes coach Ergin Ataman’s reaction to Red Star supporters
- Balkans | Kurti refused to meet Rama, who was going to Kosovo
- Fuel prices have been updated.
- Balkans | Eid prayers will take place at 05:41 in Skopje
- Balkans | Skopje calls for the support of President Erdogan and the People’s Alliance
- 5 Important Mesoamerican Civilizations That Existed Before the Aztecs
- Balkans | The referees refused to play in Albania
- Balkans | 5 members of the FETO organization were caught trying to flee to Greece