Greek Defense Minister Nikos Dendias said they “continue to extend an olive branch” to Turkey for the sake of peaceful coexistence between the peoples of the two countries.
Dendias, who spoke at the meetings held in parliament regarding the new government program, evaluated the defense policies of his country in the new period.
Dendias said: “Let me tell you about neighboring Turkey that we continue to extend olive branches for the peaceful coexistence of our peoples. We desire this, and we believe that the Turkish people desire it as well, and we expect an improvement in relations with our neighbors, especially with the opening of the window of opportunity after the earthquake disaster ( In Turkey.) he said.
Greece will continue its armaments programs
Indicating that his country will accelerate its armaments programs in the new period, Dendias indicated that the materials and military vehicles needed by the Greek Armed Forces will be purchased within the framework of its financial capabilities.
Dendias explained that while Greece has 24 Rafale warplanes and 3 + 1 Belharra frigates, 83 F-16 and 37 F-16 Block 50 will be modernized and 20 F-35 warplanes will be purchased.
Pointing out that Greece’s 10-year economic crisis prevented it from following Turkey into armaments programmes, Dendias argued that armaments is also necessary to resolve conflicts peacefully.
Expressing his country’s ability to cooperate with the European defense industry and benefit from European funds, Dendias indicated that it aims to increase innovative cooperation with the armed forces and universities in Europe.
- Balkans | The trial of the leaders of Thaci and the Kosovo Army will continue on August 14
- Balkans | Osmani: OSCE values are more important today than ever
- Balkans | Turkish minority organizations in Western Thrace condemn the burning of the Holy Quran in Sweden
- Balkans | The era of Giovanni Guidetti in Serbia
- Balkans | In Kosovo, two Serbs, including a child, were injured during Christmas celebrations in protest
- Balkans | Serbian list to boycott the elections
- 10 inventions and innovations in the ancient Greek civilization
- Balkans | President Pendarovski: We are working to resolve the conflict in Ukraine
- Balkans | The Ministry of Justice announced the names of those who participated in the working group on constitutional amendments
- Balkans | Funeral prayers in absentia in Montenegro and Serbia