Greek Foreign Minister Yiorgos Girapetritis said that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis may meet in New York in September.
Speaking to Greece’s Kathimerini newspaper, Gerapetritis assessed the relations between Ankara and Athens.
Gerapetritis stated that Erdogan and Mitsotakis could also meet within the scope of the United Nations General Assembly to be held in New York in September, and said, “We are starting a process of dialogue in good faith, and we want this new effort to be characterized by honesty and trust. The first step has been taken. The calm in the sea Igeh at the moment is a necessary prerequisite for this new beginning to be fruitful.” Use phrases.
Noting that progress in the normalization of relations between Greece and Turkey is an essential component of the EU-Turkey rapprochement, Gerapetritis stated that this rapprochement will contribute to stability in a very sensitive region and that “the Greek government wants an environment of cooperation and dialogue.” He said.
We have developed strong defense cooperation with the United States of America.
Referring to the relations between Greece and the United States, Gerapetrits said: “We have developed strong defense cooperation with the United States and are deepening our political dialogue. Within the scope of this cooperation, it is natural and expected for the United States to strengthen our defense systems.” Make an evaluation.
Greek Minister of State Akis Skirshos indicated that one of the main goals of his country is to establish good neighborly relations with Turkey.
And in his assessment of the relations between Turkey and Greece on a television program, Skirchos stated that one of the main goals of Greece is to establish good neighborly relations with Turkey, and that Turkey has red lines just like Greece does.
- Balkans | The International Tourism Fair opened in Pristina
- Balkans | Applications for the “Pre-Project Bid” within the framework of the cross-border cooperation program between Bulgaria and Turkey have started
- Balkans | Slovakia and Slovakia support the talks between Kosovo and Serbia
- Balkans | President Bendarovski: “Bulgaria’s demand is outrageous”
- Balkans | Bulgarian President Radev tasked the Socialists with forming a government
- Balkans | Serbia plans to send security forces to Kosovo
- Balkans | Tajani: Italy wants to strengthen its presence in Serbia and the Balkans
- Balkans | Construction, energy and machinery exhibition “Expokos” has started in Kosovo
- Balkans | Kosovo: Serbia’s dream of hegemony will not come true
- Balkans | “The new payment services law enhances the protection of bank users”