The Hungarian government expects to sign the recovery plan within a few days, which will enable it to receive a grant of 5.8 billion euros from the EU recovery funds, which were set up to combat the economic consequences of Covid-19. epidemic.
Hungarian Minister of Regional Development Tibor Navraxis said in a press conference that representatives of member states approved the plan prepared by their country and submitted it to the European Council for approval.
Stating that with the decision taken, the Hungarian government will benefit from EU funds by reaching the target it had previously set, Navraczks stated that signatures are expected within a few days.
Pointing out that the Hungarian government has carried out the necessary reforms for the access of EU funds to the country and continues to work in this context, Navraxks stated that the government continues its negotiations with the EU Commission.
Navraxxx also stated that 48 percent of the EU’s money will be used to fund programs that help climate and energy policy goals, and 30 percent will be used to boost digital infrastructure.
The European Union has long criticized Hungary for its backwardness in key areas such as democracy and the rule of law.
In addition, the EU has not approved the Hungarian bailout program and has not transferred EU funds to the country under the rule of law mechanism.
On the other hand, Hungary has not agreed on issues such as providing 18 billion euros in financial aid to Ukraine for the next year and a global tax treaty that requires unanimous approval.
In the final stage, Hungary agreed to an agreement on financial support and taxes for Ukraine in exchange for freezing some of the union’s funds until the necessary steps are taken, and the recovery program funds are not cut off.
- 9 ghost towns of the dissolution of the Soviet Union have been revealed
- Balkans | At the crossroads at the entrance to Kishan, d. Sadiq Ahmed was given this name
- Balkans | Gazprom: The gas center to be established in Turkey will guarantee transparent and fair prices in the market
- Balkans | The United Nations condemns the execution of a 23-year-old in Iran
- Increase in fuel prices
- Balkans | Richarlison’s goal against Serbia was the best goal of the World Cup
- Balkans | The three holy months will start on January 23rd
- Balkans | Two Sarajevo-based parties refused to participate in the government because of Dodik
- Balkans | I felt an earthquake in and around the monastery.
- Balkans | Polls in Greece: Mitsotakis flees, Tsipras pursues