During the Bosnian war, 6 more people who disappeared in different parts of the country in the period 1992-1995 were identified.
In a statement issued by the Institute of Missing Persons of Bosnia and Herzegovina, it was noted that among the six identified persons, Savija Barajanlija, born in 1961, and her daughter Amira Barajanlija, born in 1985, disappeared in Bratunac in 1992 and their bones. Her remains were exhumed from the mass grave in Josefa in 2021.
The statement stated that the other identified victims include Mojo Ismik, born in 1940, who disappeared in Potocari in 1995 and whose bones were found in Zvornik in 2015, and Rahman Hrnich, born in 1979, whose bones were found in Vlasenica in 1992 and which were Her bones are there. Last year, Emir Omirović, born in 1928, and Hacib Nukanović, born in 1954, were registered in Visegrad.
The Bosnian War, which began on March 1, 1992, lasted until December 14, 1995.
On December 21, 1991, the Serbian Parliament decided to create the Republika Srpska of Bosnia and Herzegovina as a federal structure within Yugoslavia and at the same time recognize the Republika Srpska Krajina. Based on this decision, the Serbian People’s Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina was proclaimed on January 9, 1992.
After Bosnia and Herzegovina declared its independence as a result of the referendum held on 29 February and 1 March 1992, the Serb-controlled Yugoslav army and Serb paramilitary units began ethnic cleansing against the Muslim Bosniaks.
More than 100,000 people lost their lives in the Bosnian war, which lasted until December 14, 1995, and about 2 million people had to migrate.
- Balkans | The International Tourism Fair opened in Pristina
- Balkans | Banning Bulgaria and Romania from Schengen membership undermines EU solidarity.
- Balkans | 18 migrants found dead in the bed of a truck in Bulgaria
- Balkans | Hull City are interested in Macedonian national footballer Bardi
- Balkans | In Kosovo, there is a high cost of public transportation in the city￼
- Balkans | Congratulatory message from Dacic and Jirvala to Hakan Fidan
- Balkans | Serbs protest in northern Kosovo
- Balkans | Illegal immigrants who were pushed into Turkish territorial waters by Greek elements explained their experiences
- Balkans | Borrell: Kosovo and Serbia agree to implement the EU plan
- Balkans | The Bosnia and Herzegovina final was held at the Siyer-i Nebi International Competition