North Macedonia’s Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs Bojan Maricic said early elections can only be held if the opposition votes on a constitutional change.
Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs, Bojan Maricic, said in a statement on the matter during his visit to the United States: “Snap elections can only be held if the opposition votes on a constitutional amendment and then calls for early elections. This is the only option that the government will accept.” He said.
Pointing out that the time has not come to hold early elections, but to take responsibility and fulfill commitments, Maricic said: “If we fulfill this commitment before the elections, the citizens will be thankful to us, so that in the elections they will not bear the burden of those who support the constitutional amendments and who are opponents because this will lead us to A new 10-year period and it leads you into the tunnel. We don’t know if we can get out 10 years earlier. It’s not time for early elections, it’s time for a decision.” He rated it.
Asked if VMRO-DPMNE would change the situation, whether there was a Plan B and whether he was in Washington to seek support from the strategic ally the United States, Maricic said he had the Allies’ support, but not for any Plan B.
According to Maricic, there is a feeling that the EU consensus has deteriorated after VMRO-DPMNE took a very firm stance in support of the constitutional amendments.
- Balkans | Skopje Turkish Bazaar, the favorite place for tourists
- Balkans | 9 people have been arrested in connection with the migrant disaster off the coast of Greece
- Balkans | Issue 266 of “Turkiti” magazine, published in Kosovo, has been published.
- Balkans | Elon Musk has changed the Twitter logo
- Balkans | Spahovic from the search and rescue team in Bosnia and Herzegovina named the cat he adopted in Hatay, Alina.
- The deadliest school attack in history: the Beslan massacre
- 10 interesting beauty hacks used by old Hollywood stars
- Balkans | The crew of an astronaut on the Chinese space station returns to Earth
- Balkans | Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Dönmez met with the former President of the Constitutional Court, Murad
- Balkans | Kosovo’s exit from Dodik