Preparations for the 28th presidential and parliamentary elections scheduled to take place in Turkey in Bosnia and Herzegovina on May 14 have been completed, and voters will be able to vote from today.
In Bosnia and Herzegovina, voting will take place at the Turkish Embassy in Sarajevo and the Consulate General in Mostar and Banja Luka.
Sadik Babur Vergen, Turkey’s ambassador to Sarajevo, said in a statement that citizens can vote at the polls on May 5 and 7.
Stating that the voting process will continue from 09.00 to 21.00, Virgin said: “All procedures are carried out as determined by the Supreme Election Council. The bags to be sealed by the ballot box committees will be delivered to Turkey by diplomatic couriers. While there were Participation was about 18 percent abroad in 2014, it exceeded 50 percent in 2018. We see that the interest of our citizens in voting abroad has increased and this habit has developed. A larger turnout is expected this year. He said.
Speaking about the establishment of ballot boxes for the first time in Mostar and Banja Luka, Ambassador Gern said that it is easier for Croatian citizens to reach these two cities.
Pointing out the importance of citizens exercising their democratic rights, Ambassador Virgin said, “For this, we are preparing all kinds of infrastructure in cooperation with local authorities. Another advantage for our citizens is that they go to elections the most in the world, and Turkey has the highest participation rates in the world, which is something Very important from a democratic point of view. Use phrases.
There are 2,946 registered voters in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Balkans | Greek Prime Minister Mitsotakis visits Western Thrace in January
- Balkans | Radev discussed joint investments in sectors with high added value with businessmen in Baku
- Switzerland cancels the visa for Kosovars
- Balkans | Collecting aid for earthquake victims in Turkey in Tetovo
- Balkans | Hatay breakfast table of Western Thracians living in Bursa!
- Balkans | Kosovar Ottoman President meets with US Special Envoy for the Western Balkans Escobar
- Balkans | NATO’s message from the United States to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Balkans | The premiere of Hidden Faces Bosnia took place in Kosovo
- Balkans | Tajani: Italy wants to strengthen its presence in Serbia and the Balkans
- Balkans | Steps from Türkiye and Greece to ease tension in the Aegean Sea