According to information provided by the National Statistical Institute (NSI), Southern Regional Statistical Office Kardzhali, Statistical Research Unit of Bulgaria, as of September 7, 2021, the Bulgarian ethnic group in Kardzhali County covers 37,383 or 29.0% of the people who answered the question. about sweat. Compared to 2011, the share of this group in the population of the province decreased by 1.2 points.
83,280 people or 64.5% of the respondents identified themselves as belonging to the Turkish ethnic group. The relative share of the region’s Turks in the provincial population decreased by 1.7 percent compared to 2011.
1,354 people, or 1.0% of the respondents, identified themselves as Roma. The relative share of this ethnic group in the provincial population has remained unchanged compared to 2011.
2130 people or 1.7% of the respondents identified themselves as belonging to other ethnic groups.
640 people or 0.5% of the respondents stated that they could not define their ethnic identity. 4269 or 3.3% of the respondents answered “I don’t want to answer”.
The Bulgarian ethnic community predominates in the ethnic composition of the population in all provinces except Kardjali and Razgrad (Hizargrat) districts, where they make up 29.0% and 39.7% of the population of the districts, respectively.
People who declare themselves Turkish make up more than half of the population of Kardjali (64.5%) and Razgrad (50.4%). Among the regions where the Turkic ethnic group is most densely populated, there are also Tırgovişte (Eskicuma) (37.7%), Silistra (37.1%) and Shumen (31.3%). In total, nearly half of the population who identify themselves as Turkish live in five regions.
- Balkans | The Bulgarian Red Cross provided humanitarian aid to Syria and Turkey, amounting to about 310,000 euros
- Balkans | China opened its borders, which were closed due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus, after 3 years
- Balkans | 6 young men from Srebrenica who were shot dead in the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina are commemorated with prayers
- Balkans | North Macedonian Defense Minister spoke to AA on the third anniversary of NATO membership
- Balkans | The historical Gazi Husrev Bey Library in Sarajevo is 486 years old
- 7 Interesting Stories About Robert Oppenheimer You’ve Never Heard
- 6 interesting gifts that countries give each other
- Balkans | Greece’s main opposition leader has requested access to wiretapping orders from the past three years
- Balkans | Atwell to officiate the second leg match between Tirana and Besiktas
- 10 interesting facts about Muhammad Ali