With the entry of a new “industrial era” globally in the field of clean energy technologies, the global market size in this field is expected to reach $650 billion annually by 2030.
According to the International Energy Agency (IEA) Energy Technologies Perspective Report 2023, millions of new jobs will be created in the new era in clean energy technologies.
If countries fully implement their climate and energy commitments, it is calculated that the global market size in mass production of clean energy technologies will reach $650 billion annually by 2030.
This number is more than three times the size of the current global market for the production of clean energy technologies.
The world is entering a new industrial era in clean energy technologies. It is estimated that the current 6 million employment in the production of clean energy technologies will increase to 14 million in 2030. With the acceleration of transformation, the number of employment in this field is expected to increase.
On the other hand, the high dependence on some countries, especially China, poses risks in the supply chain of clean energy technologies and there is a need to diversify production.
Clean energy technology production projects are growing
In his assessment of the report, Fatih Birol, head of the International Energy Agency, said that a new global energy economy has emerged in the past two years.
Noting that energy technologies have become the cornerstone of the current economic strategy, Birol continued:
Each country must determine how it can take advantage of the opportunities in this field and how it can manage the challenges. We are talking about a multi-billion dollar market with millions of jobs. The good news is that projects producing clean energy technologies on a global scale are growing. If all commitments currently announced are implemented, investments in generating clean energy technologies will account for two-thirds of the steps needed to achieve zero emissions. The current trend is bringing us closer to our international climate goals.”
Pointing to the risks facing gas supplies due to Europe’s high dependence on Russian gas, Birol stated that the resource diversification could be increased by using clean energy technologies.
Noting that many countries are competing to be a leader in the new energy economy and that they are making plans for growth in the production of clean energy technologies, Birol noted, “It is also important that this race be fair and that it be carried out within the framework of sound international cooperation. Because no country is an island, and if not Countries working together, the energy transition will become more expensive. Use phrases.
- Balkans | The European Union and Western Balkan countries sign an agreement to abolish roaming fees
- Balkans | Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Dönmez met with the former President of the Constitutional Court, Murad
- Balkans | 200 items of medicine cannot be found in Belgium
- Balkans | Turkish athlete Ismail Nazir was named “Rising Star of the Year” in the Balkans in 2022
- Balkans | The world welcomes the new year with enthusiasm
- Balkans | Al-Hilal provided scholarships to 25 students
- Balkans | Serbian Foreign Minister Dacic will visit Turkey
- Balkans | Kovaczewski: Edi Rama is a sure friend of our country
- Balkans | K. Social media scorecard of Macedonian politicians
- Balkans | Brnabic: “We are on the brink of armed conflict because of Corte’s actions”